How Do You Root Passion Flower Vine?

supermom30August 17, 2008

I have some cuttings of a passion flower vine. I could not find info on how to root them. I put 2 in water and 2 in soil...none of them seem to be doing to hot. Have also not found a way to root Confederate Jasmine. If anyone has any tips or tricks Please let me know...thank You...Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

did you put root horomone on them first?? then in the soil?? i have rooted in both. but i like the soil, then filtered light and misted. same with confederate jasmine if i was to give it a try. i'd also use stay green aqua control soil. don't know why but for me that stuff is awesome!!

~Medo

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 7:50PM
azuba13_gmail_com

Have large passion flower vine wanting to start cuttings for myself & 85 yr. Old aunt. Please advice best method. Thanks.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 7:53PM
zzackey(8b GA)

I didn't think you could grow Passion flower from cuttings. Where you able to root them, medontdo? I worked at a plant nursery where the owner tried to root 100 cuttings and none of them took.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 2:54PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

Yes, you can root Passiflora from cuttings. I take tip cuttings, dip them in rooting hormone, stick them in moist, well-draining potting soil and cover them with a plastic bag. Some root, some don't.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 7:47AM
ibartoo(z8 sc)

I just take my cuttings and stick them in flower pots. Then I keep them moist and set them under the shade of a dogwood tree. This has worked for me for p. incarnata, caerulea, alata, edulis and quadrangularis. Hope this helps.
Linda

Bookmark   October 8, 2011 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
If cuttings have been rooting for 3 weeks, is it ok to now put on heat
I took several cutting of differant plants about 3...
tlbean2004
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
Rooting hormone
Hormex is what we always had in the house, but I don't...
zensojourner
Propagating Angel vine???
Is there a secret to starting a cutting from this awesone...
MauiDave
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™