Echeveria propagation

cheerannAugust 26, 2013

Hi everyone,
I just pulled off a couple of leaves from my Echeveria 'Perle con Nurnberg'. I'm gonna let them callous over first, but after I wanted to know if I could just leave them out rather than pot them up. As I've read people usually pot them up, and just keep the soil barely moist. Would they still root if I leave them out, meaning without soil?

I've gotten an aloe stem to root without soil before, but these are leaf cuttings/pullings which might have different needs. Advice please?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yiorges-z5il

you MAY get some to root but will have better luck if apply 0.1% IBA (Rooting hormone. barely cover base of leaf with soil & keep soil damp not wet

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 7:13PM
ifraser25(z11 Brazil)

This is one of the easiest of all plants to propagate. Even leave them on a stone slab and they will produce new leaves and roots. It helps to give them a little shade. Just about the only way you can kill them is keeping them damp all the time! No chemical needed. It's quicker, however if you cut off a whole stem, just shove it into dry sand. Good luck. Ian.

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 5:26PM
cheerann

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to leave them out of the soil for now. I probably should have used some rooting hormone, but it's too late now. It's good to hear that these are easy to propagate; however, that kind of concerns me cause usually the easy ones give me trouble lol.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
If cuttings have been rooting for 3 weeks, is it ok to now put on heat
I took several cutting of differant plants about 3...
tlbean2004
Grafting Black Walnut
Has anyone done this? I'm going to try this spring,...
terrycalhoun
grape vine cuttings in summer?
I have to prune some grapevines which are too vigorous....
loewenzahn
plant growth regulators
Hi all, just found this web site selling plant growth...
stoker128
Israeli Ruscus from a bouquet
I have six stems of Israeli Ruscus from a bouquet;...
korbine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™