voodoo lily

jennidAugust 8, 2007

I have voodoo lilies (100+) and want to give some away. Can I dig them up now or do I have to wait for the foliage to die back. In the past The foliage was gone by now. But this year after the Mother bloomed. Over 100 little ones started coming up every where. Any idea on what to do. I don't want to kill any of them but I don't want 100+ bloomimg next year My neibors would kill me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pinkspoonbill_z9(TX)

What kind of voodoo lilies do you have, and what zone are you in? I have been looking for these all summer, but the only place I saw them was on ebay for $20, and I wasn't sure they'd live. I moved from Houston to Little Rock and want to put them in the ground here, so I need the kind that will make it in zone 7 and not rot if it is wet and cold in winter. I was looking at Amorphophallus konjac, but I'll be interested in any hardy ones. Would you be interested in trading for any of these or for a SASE if they grow in zone 7?

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 12:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SandyBurleson

I planted a voodoo lily for the first time last year. The small white and pink jack-in-the-pulpit type flower bloomed first and then the beautiful, palm tree with a speckled trunk looking burst of foliage grew to about 2 feet. This year I have nine (that I've counted so far!) popping up in my three flower gardens! A few of them even have a second "trunk" growing from the original one! These plants are an average of two feet high and the foliage on top spreads to about a foot. The ones partially shaded seem to grow bigger. So far this year I have not had a single flower, can you tell me why?

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:03AM
More Discussions
Plant Propagation, AHS
American Horticultural Society: Plant Propagation. Most...
Hermitian
plant growth regulators
Hi all, just found this web site selling plant growth...
stoker128
Grafting Black Walnut
Has anyone done this? I'm going to try this spring,...
terrycalhoun
Rootong Juniperus virginiana cuttings?
I need to root some Eastern Juniper or Eastern "Redcedar"...
treeguy123
Rooting hormone
Hormex is what we always had in the house, but I don't...
zensojourner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™