Any of You use peroxide in water or soil for rooting

jenny_3947(7)August 24, 2008

Sometimes ago I came across an article regarding water rooting. There was no mention on changing the water, but the starting water was 90% tap water, 10% peroxide. When transferring from water to soil, there was again mention of a potting soil watered with that same solution.

Any of You try it? What do you think

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

I am one of the several here who don't start in water. Assuming you are talking about over-the-counter peroxide I cannot see where that amount of peroxide would help or hinder.

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 10:52AM
medontdo(8)

i have never heard of that, but heck anything is possible. i know that that particular solution is used for the dampening off. ( when you grow the seeds and they get the mildew) just in case ya didn't know :') ~Medo

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 6:07PM
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

I use a 20:1 solution or 10:1 myself. I have found that it helps significantly. I don't get any damping off now, and I don't get mold or mildew, either. There are also numerous other reasons why hydrogen peroxide should be considered, but all I know is that I'm not going back to plain water. I really like my results since I started with this solution. I hope you find what works best for you!

Blessings,
Angela

Bookmark   November 14, 2008 at 12:21AM
ibartoo(z8 sc)

I use it regularly in anything that I root in water. It does seem to help. I do change the water regularly and keep the peroxide solution stable. I won't use plain water any more either. Linda

Bookmark   November 14, 2008 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Trying to propagate for the first time
Propagating is completely new to me. I have an astilbe...
Amy Biondolillo
Plant Propagation, AHS
American Horticultural Society: Plant Propagation. Most...
Hermitian
Coleus Propagation/Pinching
Hi, Here are my new, first time growing from seeds,...
Cathy Cokley
Gardenia not layering
About a year ago, I bent one of the branches of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™