Some maruga shots

peppers_galoreJuly 19, 2014

I'm about to have a whole lot of heat. Pretty surprised at the production on this plant. Its my first year growing them and didn't expect this many. I hope the ripening one is ready soon. I'm just about out of blazing vodka for my Bloody Mary's.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peppers_galore

A close up shot of some more.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:20PM
stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)

Awesome pods!
My Moruga has popped out his first 2 pods. They are still very small though.
Are those in-ground plants?

Stoney

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 11:23PM
peppers_galore

Thanks. Yes this one is in the ground. Almost all of my plants are in the ground. It had an early start though. I started this one in September and grew it inside until the spring. It was sort of a house plant without much lighting. I think it went into the ground around 4 May. We had a late freeze, but it pulled through without too many issues.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 11:29PM
scott123456(5)

That blazing vodka sounds intriguing. Care to share a recipe? Does it need refrigerated? Awesome pods by the way!

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 1:17AM
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

Scott, I don't know how pepper galore does, I just throw in some red dry chili peppers. It just stays there for months. Never used fresh peppers. Once in a while a get a shot or make a bloody mary. I just tried one shot . It is nice n hot. I don't drink hard stuff that much. My marinated vodka is over 6 months old. .

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 2:48AM
pepperdave

Nice to see another forum member growing in the soil. I think we are the exception on this site.Most members grow in containers. Zone 5 also. Being your first year you must feel real good with results like that.Im growing Brown Morugas this year but have not yet grown the reds.Maybe we can do a swap this fall. I would even consider fresh for fresh saving us both a year to sample a different verity. Not planting the red was an over site of mine and I really have no excuse for that the seeds were available from other members I just traded for others and somehow overlooked that one until it was to late.Nice looking Plant.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 8:08AM
peppers_galore

Scott. I do refrigerate mine, but it probably doesn't need it. I put two marugas in a quart mason jar with the vodka. I refrigerate at this time and left the peppers in the jars for about five days. I use about half spiced and half regular vodka and some Zing Zang.

Pepperdave. I'm all for swapping and I'm good with fresh. I have about 60 varieties from sweet to super hot and may have some others you might want to try. I'll message you as soon as I start getting ripe ones.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:51AM
kclost

Looks great.... Mine are at the same stage as yours. Have a few that are full on deep orange color but waiting until fully red... All in ground as well in K.C. I have a few Moruga plants with a Brain Strain texture, I'll post a pic later this evening.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
First orange hab pods forming
With the spring weather conditions outside setting in...
SoCarRob (Zone 7)
Tip for burning hands from working with hot pepper
I'm sure this tip has been addressed but had to share...
utdeedee
Why did my Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets grow like this?
Good evening, I planted and have been growing for habanero,...
h1nsen
Specks on Habanero placenta path ID?
Hi- very new to growing peppers (actually growing anything...
zrmorgan
best flavored of the "super hots"
I am sort of reluctant to use the words "super...
robeb
Sponsored Products
Granite Top 24-inch Single Sink Bathroom Vanity
Overstock.com
Viper 7.5 ft. Vancouver Air Hockey Table - 64-3008
$895.00 | Hayneedle
Set of Four Himalayan Salt Tequila Shot Glasses
$29.95 | FRONTGATE
Double Zigzag Pillow Cover in Lime
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Double Shots Stool in White
$94.99 | Dot & Bo