Please advise on rooting

NguySeptember 30, 2013

Hi all,

I got some plumeria cuttings from a swap meet this morning. The cuttings were cut yesterday. Do you think it is late to do rooting now? Should I wait until next year? I am living in Inland Empire (southern California). Please give me some advices.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stampstudio

Where are you in So Cal? I am still rooting mine. You need to let them heal for about a month before planting
then dip in rootone. I use the egg method and hopefully it will work.
Good luck
Bill

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 9:26AM
rox146

Congrats on the cuttings. I just potted up 3 yesterday which have been callusing now for 2 weeks and will do another 2 that I had to re-cut in another 2 weeks. It is late for the season BUT...1st google the "baggy" method of rooting plumeria cuttings. I did this when we came from Hawaii one October. (we are in Ventura)

Then Google the "raw egg rooting method". The baggy worked for me in a dark warm closet. The egg method works for me over the winter in our sunroom. hope this helps...roxanne

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 9:27AM
Nguy

Hi Bill,
I am living in Redlands, which is part of Inland Empire, very hot area. Thanks for your advice.

Roxanne,
I just read the baggy method. I will do this method, will leave them in my garage. Thank you so much.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 3:49PM
rox146

Took mine about 3-4 months on our 3rd floor (warm) dark closet. roxanne

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:02PM
Nguy

Thanks Roxanne, your reply gives me an idea how long it will take. So, I won't worry while waiting for rooting.

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 12:16PM
pcput

These plants will teach you patience. They do it on their time not ours. If you still have warm days you have a good chance but they could wait for spring to do anything. Good luck and let us know how they do.
Peg

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 10:51AM
Nguy

Hi Peg,

Yeah, patience is the name of plumeria growing. It is still warm in my area (around 88 ðF at noon). Thanks Peg. I will update.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Need help with a sick Plumeria
Glad to have joined your site and hello from sunny...
mag107
neighbor nut
well, I guess it takes all types....we manicure our...
rox146
Bayer tree and shrub
Has anyone ever mixed in fertilizer with the Bayer...
rox146
what do you think of the callus?
The three on the left are hard and appear to be good...
plumeriai45
Plumies doing better
Hello! Just an update. My beautiful plumies are doing...
tamela_star
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™