Blooms 'n Roots

DelWHSeptember 28, 2012

Interestingly, of my 11 cuttings from Aloha, after almost 7 weeks, 7 are starting to show claws opening and tiny leaves starting, 2 have several small leaves about maybe 2" long, and 2 have inflos that have some blooms on them. Haven't lifted and looked at the bottles since I didn't want to disturb them. But today, I checked them all out and, lo and behold, the only ones that have several nice roots showing are the with inflos!

People have said they cut the inflos off of cuttings so the roots can develop quicker, so this was a bit surprising. lol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

COngratulations!!!

Sounds like they are the strong ones of the group.. It happens when different varities root quicker than others...

When others talk of cutting off inflos..they mean if there is no other claw activity along with the inflo growing at the same time. If the inflo was growing and the leaves were not..all of the energy is focused on the inflo and not in the rooting process.. SO, when i have an inflo, i wait to see if i have claws/leaves coming along with it.. if i do, they stay on..if not..off it goes..

Glad to hear that you are having success!! : )

Way to go!!

Laura

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 2:00AM
More Discussions
winter projects
well, it just finished raining in drought California....
rox146
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
what do you think of the callus?
The three on the left are hard and appear to be good...
plumeriai45
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™