Looking for Halloween Themed Peppers

Edymnion(7a)July 14, 2012

I already have several peppers and projects going for this year, but I think I'd like to have even more of theme going for next year. And since I'm a Halloween nut, I want to keep going with that again next year and expand on it.

I currently have NuMex Halloween peppers (ornamentals with black and orange peppers), as well as my nuclears in halloween style decorative settings.

I've seen recently that there is a Pumpkin Habanero that produces ribbed orange pods, that could go on the list as well.

Anyone else know of some good peppers I could grow that would fit a Halloween theme (or that could be made to fit)?

I'm thinking black and orange peppers would be the most obvious ones to start with, but does anyone know if there are actual white peppers, preferably long ones (bones) or larger round ones (skulls)? Only one I really know of is the White Habanero.

I know I'll be planting some orange bells that can be carved into pepper jack-o-lanterns, but how about monster themed peppers? I know I'll grow bhuts again (ghost peppers), anyone know if there is anything like a witch pepper or a wolf pepper? Nothing shows on google for those, but never know.

Anywho, just getting ideas on things to do for next time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homefry319(5b NE)

pimenta de neyde

I plan on growing it next year

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:43PM
Edymnion(7a)

Those are neat, but dude, have you seen some of the other stuff those things lead to?

Look up "Pimenta Tiger AISPES", they're stabilizing actual freaking tiger striped red/black peppers! Holy crap!

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 11:02PM
homefry319(5b NE)

Yeah I was actually going to grow them to try my hand at breading something! There nuts the hippy seed company has them, that's how I started digging into them

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
bad batch of corn … oh
OTOH nothing happened after 26 days with my first batch...
bragu_DSM 5
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™