The results in Greece and your 401K.

tobr24u(z6 RI)June 18, 2012

Although our stock market is yawning it seems that the world is relieved to have Greece vote to stay in the Eurozone and abide by austerity. Surely you are resting easier today with the hope that things settle down and that Spain and Italy fall in line. Of course, it will be then our turn to toe the austerity line and surely you will be willing to do so...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marquest(z5 PA)

Not so fast my friend. This is very different than the US Politics of austerity.

If the US was in a hurry to use Greece or any other country to give us economic instructions........they would jump for joy to copy Canada's Universal Health Care. Denmark's law that states all workers have 25 days of leave time etc.

So the question is do we want to follow other countries or do we want to be the leader.....United States of America. A country that is forward thinking and lead not copy.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 10:45AM
jodik_gw

Cutting budgets has a partner called "Revenue"... without both working, we can't make ends meet.

Austerity is one thing, but let's be certain that we're cutting from the proper areas, and that revenue is coming in from where it needs to.

Most regular Americans HAVE tightened their belts... now it's up to those who haven't to help a little bit.

I agree with Marquest... we could be such a great leading country... but for the greed and corruption, the power plays and influence, and all the other "sins" going on...

It's the 99% that we need to worry about...

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 11:42AM
heri_cles

J. P. Morgan Chase lost 250 Billion ...more than the bailout money for Greece, yet not much concern or talk amongst the Wall Street Traitors about how that will impact our economy. Nope.

I spoke with a JPM Chase banker last week and he brushed off Diamond's 250 Billion debacle and added that 150 Billion was "nothing to Chase."
I told him that it might be nothing to Chase Bank , but that money would be meaning to thousands of homeowners and small business owners who could use a loan.
The Euro zone talk is being hyped up by the Right wing news sources as part or their traitorous efforts to help tank the economy, just to make people not vote for Obama.
They are trying to Greek us.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 10:24PM
haydayhayday

Heri:

"J. P. Morgan Chase lost 250 Billion ...more than the bailout money for Greece, yet not much concern or talk amongst the Wall Street Traitors about how that will impact our economy. Nope.

I spoke with a JPM Chase banker last week and he brushed off Diamond's 250 Billion debacle and added that 150 Billion was "nothing to Chase."

Maybe nobody is getting excited because the loss was 2 billion, not 250 billion?

A billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you've got a good story?

"JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) (JPM) Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon defended the company's disclosures of a $2 billion trading loss....

More than $20 billion of JPMorgan's market value has been wiped out since Dimon disclosed the loss on May 10. The shares climbed 2.2 percent to $35.38 yesterday in New York."

Hay

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 7:01AM
More Discussions
Pigs Fly . . . Or Try to Fly
California newspapers are proudly announcing that the...
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than you think
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than...
momj47
And now Gov. Walker - is it "pile on the President" week?
Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don't know’ whether Obama...
momj47
Congratulations Nebraska
They saw this coming and were changing the forms in...
labrea_gw
WTF?? Where is the seed exchange???
Is it gone because it's free?
sammymocha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™