Fatalii Seeds dot net questions

Orekoc(7 Willamette Valley Oregon)July 17, 2014

Hello once again,

I was wondering, I did do a search, but didn't find much, if they are safe to order from. I mean, do they ship the correctly labeled seeds, have good germination, can get seeds into the USA (I know for a while it was a pain), etc. Yes the prices are a bit high and they only promise 5 seeds at minimum, but I don't remember seeing the ones that interest me at other seed vendors. If I can find theses seeds here, I'd rather not order from Finland. I think the two Fatalii Gourmet are exclusives to Fatalii Seeds and I won't find them to buy here.

Also, I doubt I'd grow them all next year, as there are others I want to try, but if I do order, I'd get as many as I think I want to avoid having to order again. Thanks.

I'm looking at :

White Naga
Habanero, White Giant
Lantern
Fatalii Gourmet Rocato
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Cheiro Roxa
Cajamarca
Blondie
White Fatalii
Pimenta Kathumby Mustard
Pimenta Diomar
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Murupi Amarela

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)

I've never ordered from them but as a side note, have you seen their picture gallery!
Holy moly!
I love those bonsais! I'm trying to do this with either my yellow Fatali or my Ghost. My Fatali has a massive super straight trunk so it may be him.

Stoney

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 11:20PM
Orekoc(7 Willamette Valley Oregon)

Stoney,

Yes, they have some beautiful pictures there and the bonsai are quite nice. I wish I had talent like that. Alas, I just have to settle for my incredible good looks and suffer watching all the talented, but less beautiful people. Sigh.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 11:35PM
toolstack

Man that's quite a gallery. Pretty neat site wonder where they are located. I see the pricing is in euros.
Randal

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 11:39PM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Word is that they are the real deal. Reliable suppliers. No trouble getting into the US. I'd order from them if I didn't already have so many seeds from members here.

Dennis

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 12:26AM
northeast_chileman(6a)

Lots of great pics in his explanation on how to create them.

They seem to fruit prolifically!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonchi (Bonsai Chiles)

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 7:25AM
northeast_chileman(6a)

I forgot to answer Randal's question, he's in Finland.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 7:39AM
plantsman56

This guys been doing peppers for maybe 30 years. He really knows what he's doing as far as growing is concerned. If you have seen the pictures of his greenhouses showing papers growing from the floor to 6 get high, you can see he has a great setup.
As far as buying seeds, he is a bit expensive and you get small amounts of seeds per pack. The sets have to come from Finland and you have to think about having a general import export permit, or the required phyto on any seeds coming into the US, but my jigsaw seeds came here to Florida, no problem.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 8:20AM
Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9

Excellent site for everything peppers. It's a shame the photos aren't labeled. I'm wondering what these are...

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 9:30AM
northeast_chileman(6a)

Commonly known as Brazilian Starfish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brazilian Starfish Pics

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:10AM
pfloyd826(Z7 DC)

Looks like a Brazilian Starfish pepper

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:12AM
Orekoc(7 Willamette Valley Oregon)

@Plantsman56 - can you tell me how to get the "general import export permit, or the required phyto on any seeds coming into the US?"

Thanks!

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 1:38AM
northeast_chileman(6a)

Small lots of seeds for personal use are suppose to have APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service) inspect the seeds before you receive them and do not need phytosanitary certification which is issued by the exporting country for bulk shipments. Read the section Small lots of seeds: in the attached link.

The flip side of this is there are hundreds of seed sellers from overseas selling on eBay. Do you think they are following the letter of the law?

Hope this helps!
NECM

Here is a link that might be useful: ENTRY STATUS OF SEEDS FOR PLANTING - SUMMARY

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
Specks on Habanero placenta path ID?
Hi- very new to growing peppers (actually growing anything...
zrmorgan
Best Plant Markers Ever!!!
So.. I was a my local home depot picking up some peat...
leafericson
Tip for burning hands from working with hot pepper
I'm sure this tip has been addressed but had to share...
utdeedee
Help! Overwintered Ghost Peppers Dying
Overwintered Ghost Peppers were doing fine all winter...
sunrisemadness
Why did my Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets grow like this?
Good evening, I planted and have been growing for habanero,...
h1nsen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™