Pink Maya at Maas nursery

beachplant(9b)September 10, 2012

We went to a Beer and Grass Bash at Maas nursery Saturday. Shiner Bock on tap and organic lawn care, home beer brewing demonstration. Drats! Wrong grass!

The have small Pink Maya in 1 gallon pots for $45.99.

BUT, I bought a 4`, 4 tip Pink Maya for $69.95. 5 gallon pot, roots growing out of the pot, excellent foliage and a huge trunk. I`ll post pics today.

They also had a dwarf, the name I already forgot for $39.95, this one was grafted and 2 labeled Pink Maya but they had the silver mottled foliage not the Maya foliage, they were $59.95.

Maas is in Seabrook, not far from Emersons.

Now I don`t have to mail order one.

Tally HO!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jandey1(TX8)

Do you mean the variegated Maya plumeria, Tally? Doesn't that bloom with yellow flowers, too? That's not bad for the 5-gallon.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:26AM
printmaster1

There is another forum that you can get one for $25, in one gallon sized. There is a coop purchased from Thailand and he did have 50. I have purchased two and very happy.

The 5 gal was a great purchase!
Lonnie

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 12:45PM
dpolson37(7a VA)

Beachplant,

Great find on the larger maya. I bought two cuttings early this year and love the variegated leaves. I'm hoping to see blooms next year, but I hear blooms on maya might not happen often. Have you heard the same?

Big Wave Dave

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 1:37PM
beachplant(9b)

Saw the ones on the other forum, thought about ordering but these were right there and really big! The ones they had for $45.99 were not much bigger than the one you got so I did not think they were a good price. This nursery is a bit on the expensive side but always has such cool stuff. Plus they carry a lot of organics.

Heard it`s not a great bloomer but several of the bigger ones there had recently bloomed.
Either way I am a sucker for variegated foliage.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 1:58PM
printmaster1

Tally,

Always nice to walk out with plant in hand!!!
Great find!
Lonnie

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 3:12PM
moonie_57

Good buy, Tally! I have one that's about 30 inches but it is just beginning to put out leaves. I love the changing colors!

BTW, this is a pic of one of the plants that you sent me. Can you tell me what this is, please?

pssst... deposit that check! :)

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 7:17PM
jandey1(TX8)

Dave, I've read--from JL maybe?--that as the variegated ones mature they often lose the streaking, but I don't know for sure if that applies to all variegated plumeria.

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 9:57AM
printmaster1

Tally,
What other plumeria do they have?
Might be worth the drive from DFW!
Lonnie

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 1:04PM
beachplant(9b)

M-Philodendron sp, this is a pretty common one down here. Fast grower for me, likes bright light, no full sun, great for hanging baskets or provide something to climb.

Lonnie, they only had the ones I listed. Emersons is just around the corner from them and now is the time to go buy trees from him, he starts selling them at a discount the closer it gets to winter. The more he sells the less he has to drag in for the winter. Plus there are a lot of other sellers in the same vicinity, most of who will really make deals as the season is more or less over for them.
Tally Ho!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 2:40PM
beachplant(9b)

Maas will be getting a bunch in the spring, she found a new grower in California. Will post information as available.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 6:30PM
moonie_57

Thanks, Tally!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 8:04PM
printmaster1

Thanks Tally!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Need help with a sick Plumeria
Glad to have joined your site and hello from sunny...
mag107
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Thai Super Round Blooming In February.....Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hello everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying the warmth...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
update wrong time of year cuttings.
So several months ago I showed the 2 cuttings given...
rox146
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™