Newly rooted cuttings - summer 09

Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VASeptember 10, 2009

Here are four newly-rooted cuttings from this summer -- 2 on the table and 2 below it. I'm happy that they have done so well. Two of them are already potted up in 3-gallon pots with lots of roots coming out the holes. I think a lot of my success had to do with the QUALITY of the cuttings! (Thanks Bill)

Note that the two plants below the table were the exact same variety and I assume taken at the same time, but the one on the right had an inflo that I left on while it was rooting. It REALLY slowed down the rooting process - and I was a bit afraid it wouldn't root at all. See how much more advanced the left plant is?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

Didn't have the heart to cut off the inflo.

Bookmark   September 10, 2009 at 10:28AM
rigo74(7b TX)

Dave looks like you have done a great job with your plumie cuttings as for the inflo I would not be able to cut it off either.

Rigo

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 12:23AM
tdogdad(Zone 9)

Shows the effect of heat and humidity on rooting. With our cooler than usual summer, my cuttings are not as well leafed out as yours. Your plants look great. Bill

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 1:41AM
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

Bill, you are right. With our heat and humidity, you just basically stick the cutting in a pot and forget about it. The humidity keeps the soil moist enough. I kept them all under an eave out of the rain until leaves were 6 inches long, then started a regular watering schedule.

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 9:08AM
More Discussions
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
what do you think of the callus?
The three on the left are hard and appear to be good...
plumeriai45
Plant robbers
I woke up this morning to find one of my plants, a...
gidgetsocal
neighbor nut
well, I guess it takes all types....we manicure our...
rox146
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™