Fermenting hot sauce first attempt
I have read through many threads on this subject but this will be my first attempt.
Here is my plan tell me if you think it is ok or if I am missing anything. Any changes or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.
1. wash and food process peppers
2. cook to sterilize peppers
3. sterilize mason jar
4. smash peppers into mason jar
5. add salt ( not sure how much?)
6. add water if needed to cover
7. add lacto-bacteria Kefir?
8. add a few drops of lemon juice
9. put on airlock and wait 1 month
- poor off liquid
- run mash through mill
- add back liquid until I get the consistency I want
- boil for 10 minutes
- bottle into sterilized hot sauce bottles and refrigerate