Vietnamese black dragon

DandT1August 4, 2014

I have a question about this type of pepper. I have seen many refer to the Vietnamese black dragon as being the same as goats weed or chile de Arbol. But at least one source I found list goats weed with a scoville of only 20,000 to 40,000. My understanding though is that Vietnamese black dragon is much hotter than that. Anyone know the difference or can clarify this for me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Goat and chile de arbol have very different forms. What does the black dragon pod look like?

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 12:34PM
DandT1

Sorry. I meant Chile Negro de Arbol.

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 3:22PM
DandT1

I don't have any pods on it just yet. But it is supposedly a Vietnamese blak dragon. I was just wondering if they were different from goats weed or if they are the same. And also, wondering if anyone knows the scoville for Vietnamese black dragon. I've heard they are similar to birds eye chili in heat.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 8:58PM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Do some research. Why do you expect us to do it for you?

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:48PM
DandT1

Do you even read? I have and have found conflicting data, hence why I am asking here to see if someone else had heard or discovered the difference. Some places I have read said goats weed, chile negro de arbol, and viet black dragon are the same just different names. Others have suggested they are similar but different. In terms of scoville I've seen it described as 20,000-40,000 but that doesn't seem to make sense given that most people describe the pepper as hot as or hotter than the birds eye chili which is definitely not just 40,000.

This is why I'm asking for clarification. Because the viet black dragon does not seem as widely available and thus less reliable information on it exists.

If you don't know what I'm asking, then clearly I'm not talking to you. Not sure why you feel the need to reply when you have nothing to contribute.

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 7:17AM
More Discussions
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
Failed Germination: Anyone have spare seeds they'd like to spare?
Hey everyone. First time being on here since last season,...
tom1992
Cooking With Fresh Peppers
When we talk about chili/ hot peppers, hot red peppers...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
bad batch of corn … oh
OTOH nothing happened after 26 days with my first batch...
bragu_DSM 5
New to H. Peppers and a few questions
Hi all I am going to try my hand at hot peppers this...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™