Help! Transplanted flowers drooping

nickolex443June 4, 2012

I started these flowers as seedlings in march and planted them outside a month or two later, I'm not sure what kind they are..it's pretty much just a mixed variety of tall flowers. Anyways, I just decided to transplant them bc they got a little taller then I initially thought they would.. I know I picked the wrong time to do it bc they had just started budding but within 30 minutes of moving them the tops got flimsy and look as if they are trying to fall over so I watered them again and gave them a little miracle gro food and they seemed to purk up a tiny bit but they still seem to be trying to sag. I live in Georgia and the soil I planted then is a little clay and kinda crumbly but it's the same type of soil they were in before. My azaleas also have seemed to go downhill and not budding after being where they are for months and flourishing before

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosiew(8 GA)

Two things you might try: cutting them back, perhaps by half, and providing some shading until their little roots spread and they get stronger. I do this and it's really worked well for me.

HTH, Rosie, Sugar Hill, GA

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 9:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb.

That's what I was going to say, a bit of shade. Maybe a little table or a lawn chair? Another option to cutting back at the top could be to remove some leaves lower on the stem. What flowers are they?

A lot of plants that aren't even moved can wilt in the afternoon, so I like to check them in the morning/late evening to see if they're perking up at all.

So are you saying you moved your Azalea? Sorry, I wasn't clear on whether that was something you did recently or not. They only bloom in the spring, seems like a long way off, huh?

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
How to "clean" the soil in my garden?
Hi, last year we got a couple of new flowers and i...
Gogol
foundation plantings
I'm aware that the practice of using foundation plantings...
saypoint
Clay Problem
Hi Everybody Newby and desperate for a solution to...
richard92
Ideas for re-hab of isolated part of yard
Here's a photo of an isolated part of a friend's yard....
christin1665
Time to re-examine the front borders
Zone 6, nj, northern exposure, strong afternoon sun. Overview:...
tfitz1006
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™