2ft garden fence

KS_ChicagoAugust 24, 2014

Hello. We live in Chicago and in need of a 2ft tall iron garden fence around our parkway. We need it only on three sides: 25 ft on the long side and two 10 ft for the sides, so 45ft in total. The quotes I am getting are out of this world... The cheapest one came in at about $1700... The most expensive one is at $7k! So...the question is - is this normal? Do I really have to pay almost $2k for a 2ft tall fence around the parkway? Is there an alternative? We do need to put something up since neighborhood dogs are trampling all the landscaping. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

this is 3' but might it work? No special equipment needed to install. But won't the dogs just jump over it at 24"?

Here is a link that might be useful: ready made DIY fencing.

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 15:59

Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 9:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois(5b)

Those quotes do seem excessive. Consider this: go to one of the large home stores (I won't suggest names) and see if they have what you want in stock. If they do, speak with one of the people who work there and tell them your problem. Sort of hint that you might like to have a referral of someone who would consider installing the fence. You buy the fence and get it home. Then, all you are paying for is the labor to install it.

Jim

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Dogscaping
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have not been able to...
daydreambeliever
renovating a used to be garden
Hi, i need help in trying to restore a space of land...
shayshay836
Garden make over
Hello! im having trouble creating a tropical garden...
Reese87
Clearing a sloping garden area
OK, so here is my problem. I just moved into a new...
welshieinca
Newbies need help! Garden rehabilitation
Hello! We are Claudia and Ferran, we have just moved...
Undomie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™