NOT Lani Beauty!

No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)September 13, 2013

I was so excited that my Lani Beauty finally bloomed! But when I looked she doesn't look at Lani Beauty at all! I was expecting her to look like Laura's or Bill's but nope. The color is all wrong and the cup shape is so ugly! I do not like my Fake Lani!

I am so bummed! I got her from Marilynn's Garden. Now I will have to find the real one!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rox146

my Lani from Matthew is sending up a late inflo and I hope it opens before the cold. I am sure Island Plumeria's (MATTHEW) is the right one... roxanne

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 2:43PM
No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)

Roxanne,

I can't wait to see yours bloom. If she's the real deal then I will contact Matthew next spring. Thanks for the head's up.

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 4:58PM
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Lynn
We talked about this before.... tisk tisk.
Marilynns Gardens Lani is just that Marilynns Lani. There is no where on her label you will see "Lanis Beauty" or "University Hawaii Lani". Marilynn labled it Lani and it is Lani Similar but it is different as I have had both.
My rule of thumb is if you want the real deal go to the source or someone you know has connections with the source. You can also get referrals from someone who has Lani and knows a rep seller that they go theirs from. Even when i buy from the society vendors I always ask around to make sure their stuff is legit before I buy.

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 11:37PM
tdogdad(Zone 9)

I would watch your plant because Lani can go deep red like the one in your picture in heat and humidity. I have had flowers like that red one on mine once and awhile. same plant:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 12:44PM
No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)

Thank you Bill! I understand that colors may vary... but my flower's shape is more like a tulip; turning up instead of down. I guess I shall give it another year and see if she changes and gets better with age. :)

James, the name game is getting tiring. Remember I bought this last summer as a newbie. So I had no idea that some people rename their plants. Additionally, we newbie don't know all the "sources". Heck even after a year I still don't have a clue where to buy what!

There is so much politics in finding and buying the real deal that I'm over it. So if you don't know the right people or the right connections then good luck trying to find the "real deal". I personally think that it's silly and totally against the Aloha Spirit! :(

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
Whose going to the So Cal Plumeria Society Sale in SD this weekend?
Seems like this is the question dejour. I looked at...
freak4plumeria
Easy bloomers
What are the easiest plants to get to bloom easily?...
tamela_star
Plumeria minimum temp
Hello, I wonder if I can bring plumeria outside when...
vtsir
question about waxing cuttings
do i have to wait for them to harden off like normal...
kingbingo
Wanted Good Size Penang Peach & Aztec Gold Cuttings ..
Hello Plumeria Forum members , If Any member Has A...
edzone9
Sponsored Products
Progress Lighting Black Landscape Accessory 14-gauge 150 ft. Cable
Home Depot
Crossing Diamond Runner 2'6" x 8' - SLATE
$229.00 | Horchow
2-Tier Chandelier by FontanaArte
$7,990.00 | Lumens
Addison Iron Hat and Coat Hook - Black Powder Coat
Signature Hardware
Mimosa FJ Pendant
Lightology