mystery peach-orange superhot

judo_and_peppers(Tampa FL)August 22, 2014

I've mentioned this guy before. it's a plant whose seeds came from a dark maroon red pepper (that I don't know the name for), but the offspring is orange. so apparently it's some sort of mutant, and obviously this would be F1.

I don't know what it is, but it looks like a 7pot in terms of shape, but it's a peach/orange color. in the pics it looks more orange, but it's really more of a peach color. ground up it looks very peach-like. it's pretty dang hot, but more importantly, it's absolutely delicious. it has an excellent, almost pineapple-ish flavor.

I began saving seeds, and I'm gonna try to keep this weirdo going. gonna have to come up with a good name for it. how about "accidental orange 7pot"?

hopefully I'll have some seeds available later in the season, but I'm not sure as of yet whether I wanna send them out before it's more stable. of course I could go the PJ route, 10 bucks per seed!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kuvaszlvr

are you sure the dark red one from which the seeds came was not a hybrid? if it was, this could be the parent.. I'm not sure what it is.
Pam

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 11:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judo_and_peppers(Tampa FL)

I now re read my original post. it was supposed to be "(a hybrid or) some sort of mutant"

a hybrid is obviously the more likely option. either way, this pepper is freaking delicious. like, holy crap it tastes good. I am looking forward to stabilizing it, and getting lots more really delicious pods.

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
YELLOW ghost pepper???
We had 4 ghost pepper plants on the deck all summer...
zelicindy
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
will my pepper seeds sprout?
I am planning to start to grow some pepper plants and...
mariorossi3c
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™