Rose contests

cliviajohn(z7NY)April 2, 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in rose contests. I live on Long Island, NY and would like to join the local rose chapter. Does anyone have any info. about this topic? How do you find out about local rose competitions? Any information will be helpful. As you can see I'm new to growing roses.

John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Leemac_z5_Ma(z5 ma)

Contact the Long Island Rose society or the Manhatten rose society. A very nice lady named Pat Shanley came to speak at our district convention, in New England. Pat is associated with both societies. She will be happy to help you! Also if you have a copy of the American rose society magazine, up coming events are published in there. Good luck, Now that you have Rose Fever!
Lee

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 9:39PM
phil_schorr(z6St.Louis)

If you want to know how to contact these local societies, go to the ARS website at www.ars.org and click on Links in the menu running across the top of the page. Within Links click on Local Societies and scroll down to ones mentioned above. They both have email addresses for people to contact to learn about the clubs, when and where they meet, and when they might be holding rose shows. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 10:29PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

John, to prepare yourself, get a copy of "Showing Good Roses" by Robert Martin and check out Roseshow.com.

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Miniflora Rose List, September 2012
MINIFLORA ROSE LIST, SEPTEMBER 2012 Miniflora listings...
Rgschwerdt
STICKY: Check out the GardenWeb Calendar of Events!
Have you checked out what's happening on our GardenWeb...
gwannouncements
Delbard Carmagnole Floribunda
Anyone ever exhibited Carmagnole? What are your thoughts...
frenchcuffs13
Greater Gwinnett Fall Rose Show
October 11th, Buford, Georgia. If you grow/exhibit...
buford
exhibitors garden
It's been a LONG time since I've posted anything on...
ken-n.ga.mts
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™