Arrangement How To's

barb422(z6 UT)May 16, 2005

This year will be only my second rose show. When looking at the arrangement section, I reallized I'm in way over my head. I'd like to try doing some arrangements but I don't know what a line or mass design is, etc, etc.

Are there any sites on the web where I can learn a little about this? Or any good books I should look for?

Thanks in advance,

Barb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

To start, here are some articles from the ARS web site, Arrangements Using Roses.

Also, check with the society or the district to see if they have any arrangement seminars. If not, contact some of the arrangement judges to see what books they use. Also, if there are any general floral design classes in your area, take those. Our best arrangers have taken one or more of these classes. Good luck. I've only done it once, I'm not hankering to try it again any time soon!

Bookmark   May 17, 2005 at 9:16AM
barb422(z6 UT)

Thanks Diane,
I was worried that I'd have to take a class! Now if you don't want to do it again soon, I'm gonna be way out of my league. Maybe I'll just start small and enter something in the novice section.

The link was helpful with the diagrams, at least I have an idea now of what they should look like. I know the local society isn't having any seminars. I'll have to check the rest.

Thanks,
Barb

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 9:14AM
diane_nj 6b/7a

No, don't get discouraged. I am not at all creative, and I spend too much time trying to get in whatever horticulture entries that I have to do an arrangement. I might try a mini oriental at some point, but I'll have to practice those for awhile.

Bookmark   May 18, 2005 at 10:48AM
barb422(z6 UT)

Thanks a bunch Diane,

I'll definitely be very busy, so I won't have a lot a time to fuss, so maybe I'll just do the novice and enjoy everyone else's.

Barb

Bookmark   May 20, 2005 at 9:26AM
More Discussions
Finishing the garden (almost).
One of the reasons I went back to work (part time 20...
ken-n.ga.mts
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, November 2012
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, NOVEMBER 2012 THIS...
Rgschwerdt
New Exhibitor needs advice
I have been searching high and low for really good...
frenchcuffs13
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, August 2012
ARS 2012 OFFICIAL ROSE LIST SUPPLEMENT, AUGUST 2012...
Rgschwerdt
Recommendation for an Electric Sprayer???
I have a Mantis that has gone through 2 batteries and...
rosesbydesign
Sponsored Products
Cassius Coffee Table
Italy Design
Home Decorators Area Rug: Patchwork Multi 5' 9" Round
Home Depot
Acanthus Curtain Tieback
$49.00 | FRONTGATE
Nastro Oval Pendant by Eurofase
$1,096.00 | Lumens
Calypso Vibrant Bronze One Light Semi-Flush Mount
$278.00 | Bellacor