fyi

Rgschwerdt(z5aillinois)June 1, 2012

FYI,

After posting May�s rose list, several persons inquired about the rose "Me & Mrs. Jones" AEN. It�s listed in "Recent Registrations" classed as a Minflora 9-22-2008.

Modern Roses 12 shows "Me & Mrs. Jones" as a change in classification to a Floribunda (the correct classification) on 1-28-2012, without a notice of change in "Recent Registrations". My point is when judging, check that both databases match.

6-1-2012

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rgschwerdt(z5aillinois)

June 3, 2012
Today "Recent Registration" classification of "Me & Mrs. Jones" is changed from a Miniflora to a Floribunda. Roses with registration changes in the previous four (4) months must be in bold type, "Me & Mrs. Jones" is yet to be made bold. This method is wrong as per ARS Guidelines, but was told ARS does not have time to make a correction.

[Point of post:] Modern Roses 12 web site lists "Me & Mrs. Jones" as a floribunda last update 1-28-2012, but there is no way an exhibitor can tell what was changed or when; unless each rose classification is validated daily. Yesterday you could judge/exhibit "Me & Mrs. Jones" as a Miniflora, today it must to be exhibited as a floribunda.

This is one of ARS growing problems, which needs to be addressed. Yet when something is said, you receive a response like; why is everyone picking on ARS?

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, May 2012
ARS 2012 OFFICIAL ROSE LIST SUPPLEMENT, MAY 2012 GW A...
Rgschwerdt
Never tried this. . .what's the etiquette?
Never been to a rose show at all. . .I'm curious, what...
HollyKline
New Exhibitor needs advice
I have been searching high and low for really good...
frenchcuffs13
Johnny Becnel's Website
Calvin Boutte told me that they are in the process...
kokosrose
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, June 2012
ARS 2012 OFFICIAL ROSE LIST SUPPLEMENT, JUNE 2012 By...
Rgschwerdt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™