ARS Rose Magazine

Rgschwerdt(z5aillinois)October 16, 2012

THE ROSE

Before any more important information is deleted from the "Rose" magazine, ARS is reminded of one of magazines prime purposes. As ARS chairman of registration stated several times, the "International Registration of New Rose Varieties" column in "The Rose magazine" is established to provide information to ARS members on new registrations".

In 1981 ARS was appointed resistor for CIOPORA, as registrar assumed worldwide responsibilities. Typical to noting changes to registered and non-registered rose�s, along with assuring notification of these changes are published first in The American Rose magazine, CIOPORA Rose Register, than the Rose Annual and Modern Roses.

In the ARS Classification Committee�s charter,notes it�s there responsible for investigating and correcting errors in classifications, along with proper notification in The American Rose magazine. Also changes in a classification should-not be made without the ARS Classification Committee�s prior approval, based on the oldest literature contemporary with a cultivar�s introduction.

Before ARS slides deeper into the hole its digging, reestablishes some of its communication credibility with members. Has ARS Committee�s charters been revised, reflecting these changes?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_keil_cr Keil(Illinois z5)

For all of you who follow Ron's imput:
I'm sorry to say he passes away last fall and this is his last article for Garden Web.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Arrangements
Does anyone also do arrangements? I've always wanted...
buford
Inside the Rosarians Garden
Inside the Rosarian's Garden is a fantastic blog and...
diane_nj 6b/7a
ARS 2012 Official Rose List Supplement, August 2012
ARS 2012 OFFICIAL ROSE LIST SUPPLEMENT, AUGUST 2012...
Rgschwerdt
exhibitors garden
It's been a LONG time since I've posted anything on...
ken-n.ga.mts
Miniflora Rose List, September 2012
MINIFLORA ROSE LIST, SEPTEMBER 2012 Miniflora listings...
Rgschwerdt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™