yellow leaves, why

megazords(ZONE 9)September 7, 2005

MY PLUMERIAS SEEM TO BE DOING WELL THEN SUDDENLY I GET A BUNCH OF YELLOW LEAVES AND THEN THEY THE PLANTS TAKE A FEW WEEKS TO GET GOING AGAIN THEN WHEN ALL IS GOOD, YELLOW LEAVES AGAIN. I DO NOT OVER WATER THEM AND THRY ARE ALL PLANTED IN THE GROUNG I FEED THEM EVERY 3 WEEKS WITH PETERS SUPER BLOSEM BOOSTER AND I NEED SOME ADVICE!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hawaiianbuilt(Z9 SoCA)

Hello,

Overwatering as well as overfertilizing are some very possible causes for which your plumeria leaves are turning yellow.

High amounts of the "middle number" phosphorus in your superb bloomer will cause the soil to get so saturated that the necessary nutrients such as iron and manganese not only will be washed out but won't be absorbable by the plant. Iron for example works as a catalyst for the production of chlorophyll in our plants (chlorophyll makes our plants green). This iron deficiency is termed "Chlorosis". I recommended feeding your plumerias a water soluable Iron supplement such as "Gardeners Choice Iron Booster" I found it at Armstrong Nursery. This will help to restore the essential materials back in your soil and help to bring back the acidity in your soil. As we are approaching the end of summer, I wouldn't recommend usage of Bloom Busters with the high middle numbers at this time as fall is approaching as well as hibernation/dormancy time.

Click on the link below to read more about Chlorosis.
You will notice that they say to refrain from using too much of phosphorus. So hopefully next year you can supplement the regular feeding with also Iron supplements as well to restore the balance within the soil.

Hope this helps.

Rodney aka Hawaiianbuilt

Here is a link that might be useful: Chlorosis

Bookmark   September 8, 2005 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
Any Good Plumeria Nurserys In The Miami Area ?
Hello Gang; Will be spending next weekend in Miami...
edzone9
Inflo from last summer now producing multiple tips!
Hello guys and gals! I have a little situation on my...
Andrew Scott
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™