Inflo blossoms not opening

labland(Inland Valley CA9)September 17, 2010

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about an inflo that was getting to open, turned brown in the high heat ( over 105). Those potential blossoms have fallen off, but still none of the blossoms have opened, and all the leaves still have not developed any further. The inflo had a lot of blossons, more so than any other plant. The tree looks like all my others did in March, when my first plumeria of the year started to wake up. The flowers are small, developed, close to the branches. I had moved this plumeria along with 7 others, into a planter. Should I be worried? Do you think there is anything I should do different? Shock from moving? None of my other plants had problems, in fact this one is probably is an area that gets sun earlier in the day, and for the longest period in the day (placed in the furtherest east, of a planter on the north side of my house, which runs east/west) compared to the other plants. Suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_luvs_frangipani(9)

A picture might possibly be worth 1000 words, or so I've heard anyway. Not that "I" have the answer.

John

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 5:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

I'd like to see a photo of the plant overall. Are the leaves stunted? or fully developed? If stunted, maybe the plant sustained some root damage from either cold or overwatering in the winter?

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 1:36PM
More Discussions
plumeria not flowering
A friend of mine has a plumeria which has never flowered....
annie_____
Plant robbers
I can't believe it! My plants are in the back yard...
angel325
question about waxing cuttings
do i have to wait for them to harden off like normal...
kingbingo
Need help with a sick Plumeria
Glad to have joined your site and hello from sunny...
mag107
Are you Oklahoma boys okay?
Been watching the weather out your way. Mike, Robert,...
moonie_57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™