Hoop frames or Cold Frames in Front Range- have you done this?
I would like to get an early start on gardening. This will also be my 3rd year so I don't know if I"m getting ahead of myself. But, I have read about cold frames and hoops to extend the season. Since we have raised beds- 3 4'x25' beds, I would like to try hoop frames.
I have seen designs using PVC and plastic, but all versions seem quite difficult getting in and out of the beds. So I have a few questions:
1. what design works well for you on the Front Range?
2. Can you please explain or send a link of the design and what plastic or row cover you are using? I have seen both used in examples online but the row cover doesn't seem like it will hold up. But, i know there are different types of covers, some thin, some stronger.
3. How does it hold up to the wind here? We can get 75mph winds where I am.
4. How early do you start planting your spring veggies?
5. Have you also used it to get a jump start on tomatoes and peppers?
Any information will be very much appreciated.