Aztec Gold

No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)September 6, 2012

My Aztec Gold just bloomed her last flower and boy is she not the most fragrant bloom of them all! AG is fast becoming my FAVORITE scent. She definitely shoulder to shoulder w/ Rhonda! For this alone I will keep her and hope she will bloom again for me next year. A must have for those who seek awesome smelling flowers!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)

You are too funny! It seems every week you've got a new fav. ;)

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 11:28PM
moonie_57

Lynn - I'll have to take your word on the AG scent. Hopefully next year I will be agreeing with you! :)

BTW, have you given any thought to landscaping at the new house?

Robert - I have a fear that she is going to use up her sense of smell! LOL

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 11:55PM
No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)

LOL Robert...

I must admit I don't like the way my AG grows... she's kind of tall and droopy/weepy but I guess I will keep her just for her beautiful flowers and AMAZING fragrance!

Mona, I won't have a big yard... so I will just line up my plumerias all along the edges. If I'm out of space I will move them to the front of the house. We'll see. :)

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 1:03AM
DelWH

I just discovered a 7 or 8 feet tall, 10 feet wide AG about a half mile from me, landscaping for an apartment building. The trunk is probably 6 or 7 inches in diameter so it's been there quite awhile. Many inflos and the peach smell is intoxicating. I've probably driven by it a hundred times and never saw it, probably because I was watching the road as I drove. LOL

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:08AM
angela_socal(Zone 10a)

I feel the same way, I smelt it at the show, they only had a 2 gallon left, but I took it cause I want to smell that one next year!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:18AM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

i want one.

Del, Ill need exact GPS coordinates to this tree. I understand it needs a bit of a trimming, LOL

Mike

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 9:41AM
No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)

Yes intoxicating is the proper word to describe her fragrance. I was told that the more mature the tree the stronger the fragrance. It's ok if I have one or two tall trees.

I was driving by our baby's school this AM and saw a HUGE tree! I have no idea what it was even though I was rubber necking the whole way. I will need to stop and analyze this tree when I pick up DD today. :)

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 11:50AM
printmaster1

Mike,
I just put a couple cuttings in pots last week, if your interested in one. They came from Florida. Or I can give you Hetty's contact info in Florida. She has access to several AG trees and sells cuttings pretty cheap.

Lonnie

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 12:00PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Hey Lonnie

thanks for the offer. Im going hold out and get a rooted one next spring. Im not having the best of luck with rooting a few now and since winter is approaching and Im moving in a month or so I need to wait.

Thanks
Mike

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Any Good Plumeria Nurserys In The Miami Area ?
Hello Gang; Will be spending next weekend in Miami...
edzone9
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™