Last feeding of the season....

alohalaniSeptember 27, 2012

When does everyone give their plumes the last fertilizer feeding of the season. We have had such a long hot spell here....I think I will be giving them one last feeding tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Lani,
I was always told that you stop fertilizing after Aug. You can apply things after that to winterize their plumies but they do not fertilize as it can cause late season soft growth that can easily be damaged by cold or frost in winter. But the funny thing as I did not fertilize at all this season I decided to apply Liquid fertilzer today even though its late..lol Plus it never gets really cold during winter in the South Bay..

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 12:33AM
alohalani

What do you use for winterizing? We "ve had such a long hot summer! Which liquid fertilizer do you use?

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 12:49AM
alohalani

What do you use for winterizing? We "ve had such a long hot summer! Which liquid fertilizer do you use?

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 12:51AM
beachplant(9b)

I usually stop in September. Everything got fed 1-2 weeks ago. I will continue to feed the inground plants as they will continue growing through November. I only use organics.
This close to the Gulf you really think about what you are dumping in your garden.
Tally Ho!

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:41AM
elucas101(8)

I have a few plants developing inflos this late in the season, do they need any food?! I know we're supposed to have stopped feeding, and I have, but I was wondering if I should give these with inflos some fertilizer or just leave them be?

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
Jungle Jacks at Lowes
So, now that I have your attention....when do you think...
rox146
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™