dem_pa

moonphase(z7 Ga)November 16, 2006

Last year as a newbie,Dem_pa sent me a huge newbie package.This yr.I had something he wanted to trade.When I received his package,it was bulging with seeds.It feels like Christmas to trade with Don.He is the kindest trader I have met.I have many beautiful plants due to his generosity,and will have more now.Thank you Don.

moonphase

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poppy_power(Z5 OH)

Wonderful!Trader and very generous.Highly recommend.

Bookmark   November 18, 2006 at 12:09AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

I second that. :-D
Thanks for trading with me. :-)

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 7:06AM
lizinnh(z5 NH)

He adopted me when I was a newbie and I was so moved by his generosity. He is very personable, as well. My sons know him as the 'tootsie roll guy'. When my brother was dying, he sent me a care package that was here when I got home from the hospital. I will forever be grateful. My only complaint is that he does not have a wanted list so that I can adequately repay him. Thanks a million dem_pa!
PS> Please update your wanted list. ;-) LizinNH

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 4:59PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

Same here. Dem was my first trade on GW. He was very patient and kind and sent me a seed package bulging with seed too! He was a very good example for me and started me off on the right foot. :-)

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 9:07PM
roflol(Z6 MO)

Excellent communication, generous with seeds and helpful information, and quick shipment. I look forward to trading with Don again. :-)

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 10:16PM
clawskeeter(z5 PA)

What a wonderful and generous trader! I have never received a trade as fast as I did from Don -- I'd trade with him anytime!

clawskeeter

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 5:51PM
heirloomtomato(5-PA)

Don is an amazing trader! What a very nice and generous person! Just completed a wonderful trade with Don. Would trade again anytime!
Karen

Bookmark   January 27, 2007 at 5:54PM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

Don is one of the most generous traders I know. For the butterfly swap he sent a huge package of seeds all very nicely packaged and with ID pictures on each one. What a LOT of work.
Top notch, Five Stars to Don

Bookmark   February 1, 2007 at 5:23AM
dizzydaffodil(4)

Don has just generously shared his African Voilets with me! I am so excited to get started on this new obsession of mine! With this lovely and amazing package of named plants and leaves, he has started me well on my way. This box arrived so quickly too!
Don, please post a wish list so maybe sometime one of us can repay your kindness.
Thanks a million!!
Susann ~ DizzyDaffodil

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 8:54PM
kilngod z6b(Zone 6b)

Had a LOVELY trade with him recently. Would trade again anytime!
--Tina

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 9:35AM
maryann2007

Don started me out on AV,also the link to look them up on.
Very friendly, generous,and amazing person. Thanks so much
thumb"s up for Don

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 11:10PM
annette_1964(z8 SC)

Just had a wonderful trade of seeds with Don. Very generous and friendly trader.
Thanks,
Annette

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 6:47AM
jackier123

Don is a great trader. Very generous and prompt.

Jackie

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 8:36PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

Don is absolutley wonderful,All I can do is say everything already said is so true! He is a generous and kind man!I just completed a trade with him and would do it many times over again! They should clone him! LOL!~Angie

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 8:15PM
kilngod z6b(Zone 6b)

A super seed trade! Kind, quick, generous and friendly. I would trade again any time.

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 7:55AM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

Another fantastic trade with Don! Is there an easier person to get along with than Don? He sends fabulous seeds and has such a great personality,I would trade with him many more times and recommend him to anybody!:)
Thanks again Don!:)
Angie

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 2:40PM
flwrs4ever

I would like to thank Don for sending me seeds, at his cost, and I couldnt get over all the seeds he included..and he took the time to look at my want list...What a wonderful person..thanks soo much ..and yes, we would love to see a want list posted...

Bookmark   February 13, 2008 at 10:44PM
shasta_2008(5 NE Ohio)

Being a newbie I received an email from Don & he told me he'd send me the seeds I liked, I expected a pack of seeds and instead he sent me a b envelope packed full!! I don't think another pack would have fit into it!! What a generous man, I am going to have the best flowers in the neighborhood!! All packets were marked with all of the info I needed too. Hoefully next fall/spring I can send him some too.

Bookmark   February 13, 2008 at 10:47PM
agirlsgirl(6 SW-PA)

I have had yet another awesome trade with Don! He is so fun to trade with,and such a generous person!Thanks AGAIN Don!
~Angie :D

Bookmark   February 14, 2008 at 1:00AM
shasta_2008(5 NE Ohio)

Another seed package from Don! I am SO excited!!
Thank you! (and thanks for the extras) :)

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 12:49PM
gardeningwithlcgrace(7 Delaware)

I was sent a bulging envelope as well. I really didn't think that I would be starting seeds and WS-ing this year. I've got all kinds of things to do now! Thanks so much!! LC Grace

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 2:28PM
orcascove(6 Columbus Ohio)

Just got my envelope from Don, he sent his side of the trade very quickly, and even sent a bonus too. I would be very happy to trade again in the future. Thanks Don!!

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 2:00PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

I just did my first trade with Don. I've always read such wonderful things about him and they are all true! A very friendly, generous, fast trader. I look forward to trading again in the future. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 13, 2008 at 7:23PM
shropshire_lad(5b/6)

Great trader! Fast, well packaged, good amount of seeds, and I got a card, too! Thanks, Don!

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 8:29PM
yotetrapper(7)

Very generous trader, would love to trade with him again someday!

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 10:49AM
booberry85(5)

Don was just great to trade with. Very prompt and surprised me with a few more things that were on my want list. Will looks to trade with again!

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 8:51PM
booberry85(5)

Don is a very generous trader and very prompt! Thanks for the great trade!

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 3:24PM
barefoot_contessa(5a)

Very prompt and just as generous! Was one of my first trades! Look forward to future trades. Thanks!!!

Carrie

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 4:52PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Posted by chickenseed 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 23:15

Don sent me a ton of seed and even supplied the bubble envelope and postage !It felt like christmas as it was snowing like crazy as I opened it. I can't believe how generous you are Don ! I am starting to get some winter sown out this weekend thanks to him.

copied from another thread

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 12:30AM

Posted by agirlsgirl 5-6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 07 at 22:06

I know Don has been praised here before but I think I should do it again! He is so generous and nice he deserves it! Thanks for a great trade Don!~Angie

copied from another thread

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 12:34AM
mori1(5b/6a)

And I thought I was prompt. Received my seeds plus extra. Thank you

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 4:25PM

Posted by alice_aky 6 (alice_aky@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 9:35

I had read good reviews on trades with dem_pa. They were correct, the trade was quick and easy. I would trade with dem_pa again. Thank you Don.
Allison

(copied from another thread)

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 10:34AM
irishdescended(6)

I just completed a trade with Don and was very pleased. He sent a very generous amount of seeds I had been wanting to try. Thanks again Don. Darla.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 7:37PM
orcascove(6 Columbus Ohio)

Just had another trade with Don, he sent his end super quick, and communication was awesome as usual. Thanks again Don!!

orcascove (Barb)

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 12:32AM
katmatney(5 NY)

Don was so very generous. I was admiring his pics of his penstemon and asked if he had any of the true blue left. He asked for my address and sent me 3 packs of seeds of penstemons and he paid the psotage. What a great asset to the garden web family. AAA+++ in my book.

Bookmark   June 1, 2010 at 6:27PM
ishareflowers

Don responded to a seeds for postage thread that I posted. He sent his envelope quickly AND enclosed two packets of penstemon seeds for me.

Thanks Don!

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 7:54AM
moonwolf_gw

I did a trade with Don not too long ago and all I can say is that he's one generous trader! Thank you, Don! I look forward to growing my seeds!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 1:14PM
hostarookie(6 WV)

I just completed a trade with Don... what a very generous trader!! Wonderful communication and fast shipping. Thanks Don!

Emily

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 8:00AM
tomva(7-central virginia)

Just had a trade with Don,who very generously helped me out,very quick and sent extras,wouldnt hesitate to trade with again.

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 10:18AM
piksi_hk(9)

Completed a trade with Don back in Oct. and am very pleased and will definitely trade with him again.

Bookmark   January 1, 2011 at 2:08PM
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6(Indiana Zone 5/6)

Completed a trad with Don today. It went very will. He traded a pack of red columbine and globe thistle seeds for my pink tall garden phlox seeds. The thistle was an pleasant surprise. :)

Thanks for a great trade Don!

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 6:02PM
wispfox(6a)

Was recipient of a round-robin package exchange from dem_pa, and got an astounding assortment of both perennials from his garden, and seeds and various other goodies. I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff, and very much in favor of him as a trading partner. Very nice, sir!

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 4:57PM
piscesfish(6)

I was so lucky to trade with Don. Thanks for a great experience and so many nice, beautiful seeds.

Kelly

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 1:31AM
Pash

My trade with Don was really awesome, great communication, well packaged, and lots of great beans! Thanks again, Don. Your beans are going to make my family and me very happy come summer.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 1:41AM
redthreaddiy(6a MI)

I got some wonderful seeds from dem-pa for the Secret Santa Swap! I got Phili White Box Radishes, Flamingo Feather Celosias, and Sugar Baby Watermelon seeds! Very generous - thanks so much! Can't wait to grow these!

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 4:24PM
rqeversole

Wonderful package from Don for the Secret Santa swap...filled with some great beans. Definitely has a generous spirit when it comes to his seeds! Thanks for the great gift, and Merry Christmas!

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 8:02PM
jaynine

I received an unusual bean variety from Don in the Secret Santa swap. I'm excited to try this one...thanks!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 12:06AM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Regarding this year's annual Round Robin "Secret Santa Seed Swap"...

Don, you totally rock, bud! Thanks uber muchly for all the wonderful heirloom tomato seeds, perfectly packaged, totally intact! In my opinion, you are quite generous and a fine, participating GW community member! Thanks again for making our Christmas way more positive than it might have been otherwise! :)

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 1:04AM
poisondartfrog

Thank you Don, for the great seeds you sent in the Secret Santa Swap. You are always very generous!
Alana

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 7:40PM
ruthz

Don, thank you for the cute santa card and sharing your seeds with me in the Secret Santa swap.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bookmark   December 10, 2011 at 6:07PM
clc70(8 Wa.)

Received great seeds from dem_pa in the secret santa swap.Hope to do an individual shop with Don sometime in the future. Merry xmas, Connie.

Bookmark   December 11, 2011 at 12:23PM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Received several packages of seeds, many in each package. All mailed in a bubble envelope. Nicely done.

Bookmark   December 11, 2011 at 1:58PM
lily55rjw(5 Northern Michigan)

I recieved a nice card and some amazing seeds in the SS RR swap from dem_pa! Thank you so very much!!!!

Bookmark   December 11, 2011 at 5:14PM
apoppyfield(8)

Loved the seeds. Can't wait to see if I can grow your sugarbaby watermelons! Thanks bunches. A

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 8:19PM
canyonwind(9)

Thanks Don for your generous gift of seeds in the Secret Santa swap...much appreciated! Merry Christmas!

Annie

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 1:33PM
molly_and_me(9)

Don sent a wonderful selection of seeds and cute snowman card. I love getting seeds that are marked as your favorites.

A great Santa!

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 3:25PM
rbrady(5/Eastern Ia)

Don is a Super Santa! He sent me seeds on my want list and a lovely card!

Thanks Don!

Bookmark   January 2, 2012 at 10:45PM
smitties

Thanks to Don for the Secret Santa card and seeds. Margo

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 9:37PM
jas_il

Don (dem_pa) sent me very beautiful red hens n chicks with a beautiful card for secret santa swap. He decided to send them in March instead of December because of cold.

These are stunningly pretty and I am so excited and glad. They were in my want list and it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks to Don for taking time to sending these pretty succulents and that also in very generous amount.

Here is picture of them:

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 5:45PM
flowergirl34(5 Upstate NY)

Just wanted to thank Don for such a wonderful package that he sent me in the MNF's Merry Merry Month of May Swap. He went above and beyond what was expected for this swap. Such a surprise and everything was just wonderful!

Can't thank Don enough!!!

Happy Blooms!
vina :)

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 6:19PM
canyonwind(9)

Don and I were partners in the July MNF Fresh and Cool swap.(yes, I said July, I am so very late in posting this)

Thanks Don for your generosity. So enjoyed everything!

Annie

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 11:03PM
canyonwind(9)

Don and I were partners in the July MNF Fresh and Cool swap.(yes, I said July, I am so very late in posting this)

Thanks Don for your generosity. So enjoyed everything!

Annie

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 11:06PM
l1oness(5)

I participated in the Santa Card Swap this year, and Don did a great job of packaging a bunch of seeds for me. It was a great surprise and very appreciated!

Mandy

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 11:42AM
Ruby_Dog(6, Virginia)

Don sent me a lovely card and 4 packs of much appreciated seeds in the secret santa swap. Thanks so much!

Betsy

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 2:50PM
alwaysagarden(CA 9b)

Don you are the man!! In Secret Santa Swap Don went out of his way to send me a huge variety of seeds, a lovely card and also some hens and chicks. I can't wait to start planting in Spring!! Thank you Don :))

Cindy

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 2:05PM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

Don sent me a lovely card and some great seeds for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much!

Katie

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 2:19PM
sjc48

Many thanks to Don for the seeds and the great card from the Secret Santa Swap!
Shirley!

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 8:11PM
kimnkell(6)

Thank You for the lovely card and all the wonderful seeds in our secret santa swap.

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 12:34AM
chefconnie(5)

Thank you so much for all the lovely seeds, I cannot wait to try them! It was fun being in the SSS exchange with you this year, I look forward to next year.

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 7:40AM
grdngramma(4)

Got seeds from dem-pa for secret santa swap and a nice card, thanks very very much Don.

Bookmark   December 25, 2012 at 12:04PM
smitties

Don did another great job in the SSS. Thanks for the cards and seeds. Margo

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 1:50PM
retsec

Just had a seed trade with dem_pa. Shipped quickly, well packaged, and good communication. Also included extra seed. #1 trader.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 10:30PM
canyonwind(9)

Don sent surprises my way in the recent/current Secret Santa Swap. Thanks for your generosity and the very nice Christmas card.

Happy New Year!!

Annie

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 10:14PM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Thanks so much, Don, for the card and all the wonderful seeds for this year's 5th annual (my 3rd) "Secret Santa Seed Swap"! You are always so generous with what you send and this instance was no exception. :)

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 9:54PM
socalgardengal

Thank you for your generosity Don! He sent me some wonderful seeds for the Secret Santa Swap. :)

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 1:44PM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Sent wonderful seeds in the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you very much.
Heidi

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 8:10PM
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio(5 northwest Ohio)

Dan sent me a card loaded with seeds in the secret santa swap this year. Thanks alot!! Suzanne

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 10:00AM
webuser_5438468

He sent me an adorable card and much wished for seeds in the SSS this year! I've also traded with him several times and he is a pleasure to trade with and receive from! Thanks!

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 7:54PM
katkni(4)

dem_pa is a memorable trade - always sends a generous amount of seeds, with lots of useful information on the label. Thanks for your generous gift in the Secret Santa Swap 2012.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 7:50PM
flowergirl34(5 Upstate NY)

I just received the nicest Christmas card in the mail today from Don! Thank you so much for all the lovely seeds you sent...especially the Crystal Columbine :D WOOHOO!

It was so generous of you! Thank you so much for including me in the Secret Santa Swap :)

Merry Christmas!
vina :D

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 11:11AM
lorabell NC(8)

I would like to thank dem PA for adopting me in the newbee Milkweed post.

I am also thrilled with the seeds he sent me in the secret Santa exchange.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Lorabell

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 4:54PM
cghpnd

Dem_pa was very very generous sending seeds for the Secret Santa Swap. AWESOMENESS!

Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 12:59PM
l1oness(5)

From Don (dem_pa), in the Secret Santa swap, I received Thai basil, Utah celery, petunia, peony poppy, and beans - several varieties (Anasazi, Kentucky Wonder, Hutterite, Blue Lake Pole, Kidney, Royal Burgundy, and Cherokee Trail of Tears beans). Very generous - thank you!

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 1:22PM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Don, really glad you participated in this year's 6th annual "Secret Santa Seed Swap"! Major thanks for the kewl snowman card and for the, wonderful, generous amount of "Anaheim and Thai Hot Chili Pepper" and "Rose/Pink Peony Poppy" seeds! Rippin' kewl! Your card and seeds arrived in totally excellent condition. All blessings upon you-n-yours for the coming year! :)

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 11:19PM
SusieQsie_Fla

Thanks from me, too - a new Round Robin-er - Don sent me one of the first cards I got and sent lots of my seed needs from my list.

I hope your gardening is amazing this year, Don!

from
Susie

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 8:04PM
webuser_5438468

Rec'd a wonderful card and always a good selection of seeds from Don! Thank you so much for sending them to me this year from the SSS. Will definitely be growing them!

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 5:59PM
sjc48

Don, thank you very much for the cute card and the seeds you sent me for the SSS! Greatly appreciated!
Happy 2014,
Shirley!

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 11:16AM
vajeff(7b VA)

For this year's SSS, dem_pa sent me a great assortment of seeds within a festive card. Peony poppies, 'Will Rodgers' zinnia, horehound, and calendula. I had low hopes for receiving two of the types included since I rarely see anyone looking for them, but surprised was I when I opened the card! Thank you a ton!

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 12:53AM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

I received a great card and wonderful seeds from Don this year in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap. Thank you for sharing holiday cheer!

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 10:49PM
webuser_5438468

Rec'd a wonderful homemade Christmas card and wonderful seeds from Don in the 2014 SSS. I am so happy he took the time to this for me when he didn't have to!
Thank you so much, Melinda

Bookmark   December 16, 2014 at 4:21PM
Ruby_Dog(6, Virginia)

Don sent me a great handmade card and poppy, zinnia and carrot seeds in the 2014 Secret Santa Seed Swap! Thanks so much and merry Christmas & Happy new year to you and yours!

Betsy

Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 11:11AM
lorabell NC(8)

So happy to have received the 'button' card! Thank you so much for the awesome seeds and card. Greatly appreciate it!

Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 8:44AM
lorabell NC(8)

So happy to have received the 'button' card! Thank you so much for the awesome seeds and card. Greatly appreciate it!

Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 8:51AM
ishareflowers

Thanks Don for choosing to send me the now famous "button card" and two packs of great annuals in the 2014 secret santa swap!

Bookmark   December 26, 2014 at 5:26AM
bluee19(Zone 9)

Dem_pa (Don) participated in the Secret Santa Swap 2014 (SSS) and he was one of my secret santas. Thank you for sending me a hand made card with buttons as cute ornaments with Hollyhock Pink Mix Biennial 6' - 7', Evening sunflower (red, orange, yellow) multi-head annual 2014, Granny's Bonnet Columbine (purple and white) 2014, and Siberian Iris (Dark blue/purple) 2014. Two of my favorite colors are blue and purple. How did you know? I appreciate being thought of during the Holiday season. It helped make my Christmas a little brighter!!

Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 1:04AM
tessie83856(5)

dem-pa sent his cute button card with 5 kinds of beans that are new ones for me and some red zinnias. This was for the Secret Santa Swap in 2014.Thank you Don, it was very nice of you.

Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 1:52AM
l1oness(5)

I received a lovely padded envelope from Don (dem_pa) as part of the Secret Santa Swap. The card was a cute homemade one. But the real treasure is the wonderful things you've filled it with - all perfectly picked out for my garden next year. I really appreciate the care you take to pack everything so carefully and pick perfectly!

Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 3:34PM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Don,...gotta admit, I definitely feel special to have received one of your wonderfully creative button-ornament Christmas cards for the 2014 Secret Santa Seed Swap, along with the fabulous seeds you included! Thank you so very much, good Sir! So far as I'm concerned, you are most certainly a major component of GardenWeb's very spine itself! Wishing you a fabulous 2015 in every way conceivable! :)

Bookmark   January 8, 2015 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
KatJaqu
have just completed a good trade with KatJaqu. no hassles,...
leila hamaya
dawnkelsch13
Dawn was super quick to mail seeds. They arrived in...
frugal_gardening
patrob
Absolutely fantastic, stupendous, mind-bogglingly amazing!...
EricaBraun
FLSunshineGal
Hi, when Gardenweb was taken over by houzz, my old...
SunshineGal
EricaBraun
Responded to my free veggie pack. Followed instructions...
LullabyF360
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™