some kind of bug eggs?

toolstackAugust 15, 2014

Hi,
found these on one of my habanero leaves this morning. I didn't see any more on this plant or any of my others. Does anyone know what they are? I removed the leave and searched but the only bugs I seen were ladybug and little jumping spiders.
Randal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
djoyofficial(5-6)

They look like pictures I have seen of ladybug eggs.

dj

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 7:31PM
smokemaster_2007

Ladybug eggs are yellow.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 10:15PM
toolstack

I Googled ladybug eggs they are yellow and elongated. They were on the top side of the leaf too. I don't really have any damage to the plant other than some weird pinched leaves (a few). I'm not sure what they are from think I'll inspect them when I get off work tonight.
Randal

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 10:22PM
djoyofficial(5-6)

Yeah your right... is the color in the picture pretty accurate? Just searching a bit more..... can you make out anything else on the eggs? Black spots or lines anywhere? Seems to be a lot of caterpillars that lay similar eggs to what you posted.

dj

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 10:45PM
toolstack

I downloaded a camera app so that the pictures I post are not sideways it's supposed to be HD but I think it's lacking.
I saved the leaf I'll look again but I think they are like the picture.
Randal

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 11:02PM
toolstack

I went and checked my plants with a flashlight and only seen a lone earwig which I promptly pinched so I have no clue.
Randal

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 3:06AM
djoyofficial(5-6)

Stink bugs have been hatching here in the western Rockies. I read a description of the the brown marmorated stink bug eggs that said they were laid in groups of 20-30 (you def have more than 30), barrel shaped, and range in color from white to pail green. http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/pestalert/pabrownmarmorated.html

Might be worth a look.. let us know if you ever figure it out.

Good luck.

dj

This post was edited by djoy on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 4:24

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 4:18AM
oldgardenguy_zone6

Do you have any squash growing near by they look squash bug eggs they are a type of stink bug, I use the sticky side of masking or duct tape to pull them off the leaf and if you see any adults a 10% soap water mix will do it but must be sprayed directly on them and has no residual effects and won't affect the eggs you must hand pick them. So hand pick eggs daily check both sides of the leaves and spray adults and nymphs with the soapy water. all the stink bug family has wings so new ones could show up daily .

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 9:49AM
toolstack

I have squash planted about 10 feet from where I have my buckets set out. I'll have to go look now.
Thank you
Randal

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 11:27AM
More Discussions
Pepper plant wilting
Not sure what's going on here. This plant nearly died...
uncle_flip
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
will my pepper seeds sprout?
I am planning to start to grow some pepper plants and...
mariorossi3c
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™