Aji dulce or another Latin pepper??

MawdlAugust 7, 2011

Hi. I recently went to a Latin restaurant which used small red and green pickled peppers. They're mild to medium spicy and about the size of a black bean, although slightly skinnier. One of the menu descriptions said they were aji dulces but I did a google search for the plant and it doesn't look like the pepper. They also had some dying peppers in pots and when I asked what they were (since they were the the same ones that were in the dish) no one knew. Strange... The peppers grew upside down on small thin 'stalks'. Sorry, my pepper plant terminology knowledge is terrible! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to grow some of my own!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjetski(6b NJ)

A lot of them start off upside down on the plant but certain types will flip back to normal after they've grown to a particular size.

I know you mentioned google but did you check Google images also?

One thing about peppers, people don't always discriminate when they name or identify them. People will sometimes give the same name to 3 totally different peppers. The best thing i can think of, is go to a few recommended seed sellers and check out their pictures of the Aji Dulce. If none of their pictures match then i'll bet that restaurant got the name wrong.

Recommended pepper seed sellers: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11131-ordering-pepper-seeds/

Pepper seed search engine: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=015290501503124545082:lxf76mcmv_a

Here is a link that might be useful: Aji Dulce Google images

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 6:34PM
More Discussions
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Help, Jalapenos and Serranos flowering....WAY too early.
I figure it must be a fertilizer issue. I am in Victoria,...
theripetomatofarm
Possible NuMex Halloween Mutation
So this year I broke out one of my dried NuMex Halloween...
Edymnion
Why did my Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets grow like this?
Good evening, I planted and have been growing for habanero,...
h1nsen
Did my heater fail?
I am not sure what happened yesterday the where fine....
T S
Sponsored Products
Solus Fan With Light
Lightology
Beautyrest GeoMatt Therapeutic Foam Mattress Topper
Overstock.com
Hinkley Lighting | Zina 4 Light Bath Bar
$339.00 | YLighting
Hunter Ceiling Fans Low Profile III 42 in. New Bronze Ceiling Fan 51061
$79.00 | Home Depot
Deadstock Floor Lamp by Castor
$2,200.00 | Lumens