Spring plant swap- When and Where?

catnohat(5)March 20, 2014

Today is the Equinox, we might as well get started on our planning! Where and when? Did we have a volunteer to host already?

Happy Spring!

~Cat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mayberrygardener(z5a, Broomfield, CO)

I had volunteered to host, we're in Arvada (but almost Westminster, not Arvada West), and I'm down for any Saturday in May except for the 10th. My calender indicates that Memorial day is on the 26th this year, but we're not going anywhere, so if everyone is planning on planting out that weekend, maybe the 24th is a good day? Of course, that only works if everything is already hardened off...
Or, earlier? I think the spring swaps maybe are usually a tad earlier; in which case, I'm good with the 17th also.
We'll give it a couple weeks for input and then nail down a date!

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 12:24PM
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

Hi Mayberry! Good to hear from you!

I can't make it on the 17th, but any other Saturday is good to go with me, including the 24th/Memorial Day.

I've already potted up a few things from when I was cleaning up the perennials, so I hope I can come, but I'll have at least a few plants there--even if I can't make it.

Will be watching to see when others can come.

Skybird

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 2:47PM
chellers

I'll be there! I think any Saturday in May works for me right now. I have them all blocked off for planting anyway :)

-Michelle

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 8:46AM
catnohat(5)

I am available any Saturday of May as long as I get at least 2 weeks notice. I would rather do earlier than later.

I have potted up a few things already also. I will put a list on the other thread soon.

~Cat

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 8:20PM
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO

As I mentioned in the other thread, May 2, 3, and 4 are out for me for sure. But, I'm not especially looking for plants, just trying to find good homes for all my extras (I don't ever thin, it's a waste of seed if I could otherwise find someone to take the starts.) So, if I don't make it, and somebody wants something of mine I'm sure we could find a way some other time.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 6:27PM
polygonum_tinctorium

I am free some but not all Saturdays, and I'm not yet sure which ones will be booked. Hopefully people will settle on a date when I can make it! At this point, it looks like May 3 is the most likely to have a conflict, so hopefully we'll choose some other day besides that one.

This post was edited by polygonum_tinctorium on Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 19:21

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 7:00PM
smdmt

My work schedule at a nursery in Longmont includes Saturdays. I am so bummed. I was hoping to get to meet all of you. Perhaps when the swap date is set I can trade work days and come!
Smdmt

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 11:08AM
catnohat(5)

So- we are down to the 24th or the 31st? Either should work for me. Sound off on your preference!

~Cat

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 6:29PM
lizbest1(5)

I won't be in CO on the 31st but can make the 24th.

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 9:16PM
painterlee

So when and where will the swap occur? I'm free all May for this and I want to bring growy friends! I have single hollyhocks and marguerites.

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 3:38PM
mayberrygardener(z5a, Broomfield, CO)

Okay, let's call this one already: How about on the 24th, 11:00 start time, we'll eat and then swap after. I'll start a new thread with the details and folks can touch base on attending. I think there is already a "who's bringing what/wants what" thread going, so I won't reinvent THAT wheel!

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
RMG - How do I do it -- Where do I find it thread!
Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread here for...
Something New in the Tomato Patch
Often, I have allowed a volunteer tomato to grow each...
digit
Great Backyard Bird Count - 2015
Great Backyard Bird Count - Cornell Hi all, It’s...
Holly, potatoes!
I tried to send you an email but apparently the mobile...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Spring Swap
Hi All, as discussed at the last spring swap, my sisters...
gjmancini
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™