I have been high jacked, do not open emails from me.

honeybunny2(Z9TX)October 26, 2011

At 3:20 today I wanted to send an email to Pat, letting him know that I received the cuttings, and there were over 100 emails sent to everyone that I or my husband have ever sent an email to. I share my husbands email address. I tried to do a Mc Afee security check, its tells me everything is secure, but I have been doing it since 2:45 and only 7% has been done. I called lifelock, they told me to call aol, since it looks like my husbands email has been highjacked. I decided that I needed to put out this message, My friends are calling me to tell me that they received an email for an erection cream. I hope that i get this message out in time. Just think this message willl be sent to Governer Rick Perry, and most of the people in Autin, I can't believe this is happening. Barbra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jandey1(TX8)

Uh, oh. Thanks for letting us know. I was about to send out a reminder about the meeting but have posted one here.

Did not receive any inappropriate messages from you, yet! Don't worry too much about it, Barbra. Seems like I get a highjacked email message at least once a week from any number of friends.

See you soon!

Jen

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 8:22PM
sunseeker53(10a CA USA)

What a coincidence! Looks like somehow my email got into some people's hands too, because just today I received an email from myself (!) advertising Rolex watches!!!

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 11:13PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Sunseeker, I could have handled an advertisment for Rolex watches, the advertisement from my email was for an erection cream. Barbra

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 12:58AM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Ill take a rolex over Erection cream too! LOL ... : )

Im sorry that you are having a bad time with your email..that stinks!!! I hope it gets fixed soon!!!

Take care Barbra!!!

Laura in VB

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 1:07AM
pcput

Barbra, I had that happen on one of my email accounts too not long ago. It was in the email account and not in the computer. I stopped it by deleting all contacts on my list and of course since it didn't have any address to send to it stopped. After a couple of weeks I had the computer checked as I thought it had a virus. It didn't so I put in a couple of bogus addresses so I would get a mail delivery failure notice if it sent any. It had stopped and I have not had a problem since. I keep a bogus address as 1st one on my contact list so I will know if it is trying to send out emails. Hope this helps. Peg

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 11:38PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Peg, I don't know how it started. I think most people my email was returned, or they did not open it after I posted on all my visiting forums. This week 4 people from the brugmansia forum have had their email hacked. The latest email is asking for $2500, to help pay a hotel bill in the UK. You usually don't even know until somone sends you an email. I saw pages and pages of returned emails, scared me to death. Thanks to a friend of mine telling me to run the security check. I went to McAfee, it said your computer is security, no action required. I ran the security check anyway. It found 4 virus files and tracking cookies. I am so glad I did. So far no more problems. Barbra

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
1st Plumie Drama of the Season
It's unbelievable how early the season has started...
freak4plumeria
Whose going to the So Cal Plumeria Society Sale in SD this weekend?
Seems like this is the question dejour. I looked at...
freak4plumeria
Pots/Planters
Hi Everyone! I have been a long time lurker as I was...
Houndhome
Are you Oklahoma boys okay?
Been watching the weather out your way. Mike, Robert,...
moonie_57
A few blooms from Madeira
Aloha plumeria friends! Wanted to share a few beauties...
David Richter
Sponsored Products
Chelsea Bamboo Indoor/Outdoor Solar Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Brushed Nickel Free Standing Toilet Brush
TheBathOutlet
Ca Pesaro
| Italy Design
39" Optimum 60/40 Offset Double-Bowl Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink - Wave Front
Signature Hardware
Area Rug: West Port Collection SP-18 Black 5' x 8'
Home Depot
Lithonia Lighting Recessed Lighting 2 ft. x 4 ft. 2-Light White Volumetric T8
$89.97 | Home Depot
Detroit Tigers Field Bear Woven Jacquard Throw
$17.99 | zulily
Red Carpet Studios Chimes Antique Glass - 10831
$29.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™