Bee's Knees Size? Recommended minatures?

evernole(Z9/FL)January 21, 2007

I am adding Bee's Knees to my rose garden, in front of my HTs. This is my first miniature.

I would like to know how large Bee's Knees gets, so that I get the plant spacing correct.

Also, any other recommended miniatures for Florida roses?

Any differences in care compared to my HTs?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

No difference in care. Mine got to a little over 3' tall last season, and that was with heavy competition (it is planted between HTs).

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 10:22PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

For your other question, see this thread from the Roses Forum, Top Ten Miniatures for the Garden.

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 10:25PM
laura1(9aTpa,FL)

I've grown Bee's Knees for a few years and it stays about 2' on it's own roots. There are SOOO many miniature roses and so many do well in Florida. Some are bloom machines and some are very stingy. Exhibitors will grow a rose that is stingy because the blooms are really nice when you get them. Some good ones (to name a few) for this area are Odessa, Sam Trivitt, Soroptomist International, Cachet, Miss Flippins, Fairhope, Kristin, a new one Dr. Troy Garrett looks good...

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 8:53PM
ken_se_fl(9 SE, Fl.)

Several that I grow that make nice full bushs with lots of beautiful blooms are; Odessa, Tangerine Twist, Kristin, Rainbows End, Teddy Bear, Soroptimist International, Pierrine, Sweet Melody. These would be a good start to go with Bee's Knees. As a matter of fact, you will probably like the overall bushs on the mini's I have listed better then Bee's Knees. I grow Bee's Knees mostly for the beautiful blooms.

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 8:53PM
kokosrose(z8bFL)

As has previously been said, Florida is a great place to grow minis/minifloras. Most roses in general do well here. If i were to make a list I would start with Kristen, Bees Knees, Pierrine, Erin Alonso, Miss Flippins, fairhope, Olympic Gold, Doris Morgan, Odessa in minis and for minifloras i would say, Tiffany Lynn, Louisville Lady and Cachet. The makings of a very good garden here and all available most anywhere.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 2:00PM
kentucky_rose zone 6

My 'favorite of favorites' mini/minifloras are: Soroptomist International, Bees Knees, and Memphis King. Last year I got Ty and would like one more growing season to further evaluate before I add it to my 'favorites of favorites' list.

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 8:10AM
More Discussions
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
Chamblee's
I just received my first shipment of roses ever from...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Help!
I bought a mini rose for a bridal shower gift at walmart....
suyoder
Big Pots
Last evening my husband came home with some pots he...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™