I am SO READY

michael1846(6)February 11, 2014

Every year after valentines Day I go and get mini roses because they are like 4 $ then I separate them and plant them outside! Does anyone else do this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jujujojo_gw(6b 7a)

Michael, I kept mine from last year; and they grew over the year. So, I do not need to buy more, unless I want different cultivars. I have two more new plants from rooted cuttings this year.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 7:00PM
seil zone 6b MI

I've done this too! One year I was at a Walmarts and they had the little Valentine's Day gift roses in a trash can! I asked to speak to a manager and he said if I wanted them I could take them for free! Best rose deal ever!

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 7:28PM
michael1846(6)

Im trying to get every color that they offer i have red and pink and on sunday im going to get yellow and possibly white.

Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 10:08AM
seil zone 6b MI

The two main suppliers of these gift roses are Poulsen and Kordana. They both have dozens of roses that they use for these and they change them out freely according to what they have in stock. That's why they don't come with names on them other than the colors. If you check their web sites you'll see that the roses do have names but you could buy a pink rose named say, Patty, and it could be any one of a half dozen roses they grow as long as it's pink. And they're not all miniatures either. They ship these out as tiny rooted cuttings and I've seen roses that I knew were floribundas but were just so small a plant that the blooms looked like minis. If planted in the ground and allowed to mature they'll become full size roses.

It's kind of a game with me. I check them out where ever I go looking for something different and take what I can get. I've quit trying to separate them because I lost more than I saved too. It's still an inexpensive way to get some pretty roses!

Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 8:02PM
SasorisPuppet

I might start doing something like this, I love flowers and have watched my Mom and Gramma grow roses for years, so I've been keeping 4 Minis in my dorm room this year and can't wait to get more plants :)

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 9:48PM
frenchcuffs13(z8a)

Seil, that's fantastic! How come i never get so lucky? Anyway, i hope they are rewarding you for saving them :)

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
source for raplh moore/sequoia mini rose blue mist
hi, does anyone know where I can get this rose? It...
Boca_Joe(zone 7A)
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
Is this fungus?!
I was pruning my mini roses and ran into this at the...
Nattie_Natt
Sport of Hot Tamale?
Hello! My Hot Tamale is new this year, own root. It...
redwolfdoc_z5
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™