Mini climbing rose color

zipiFebruary 11, 2014

Hello! I'm looking/hoping for a miniature climbing rose in a peach color. Preferably, if there is one that has white involved in some way too that would be awesome, but I'm not sure that exists. (backstory: my kitty died and he was buff and white, so this would be his rose).

I'm not 100% set on a climber. A regular mini or full sized bush would be fine too (a regular climber won't work, unfortunately). I would just prefer a mini climber if it's out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations on plants/sellers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msm84(SoCal)

The rose I would recommend would be "Cl. Baby Darling". Its a soft apricot and fades to a lighter color as it ages, fast grower, smells fantastic and grows very well in most conditions. I think Vintage Gardens carries it, but you can Google and check for others. Sorry about your kitty...I have lost so many over the years and its never easy...........((hugs))

Here is a link that might be useful: HelpMeFind-Roses

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 11:32AM
seil zone 6b MI

zipi, how big a space do you have for this rose? Just because something is called a mini climber does not mean it will be a small plant. Mini climbers only have small flowers and leaves but the plant can get as large as any other climber, maybe 12 to 15 feet, and will need support. If you look at the pictures for the mini climber msm84 suggest you'll see how large the bush can be. Unfortunately I don't see any vendors for that rose still open in the US. The two listed there are both closed. I also don't see any other apricot ones but there are a lot of pinks that might work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cl. Baby Darling

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 6:53PM
ratdogheads(5b NH)

Sorry to hear about your kitty :(

Take a look at Work of Art. Rogue valley sells it and Northland Rosarium might have it too.

This is a bit of long shot, and it might not be what you're looking for, but there's an orange/white striped climbing mini called Life Lines. Two Sisters Roses carried it, they are closing but if you contacted them quickly you might be able to get it.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 8:55PM
frenchcuffs13(z8a)

I'm so sorry to hear of your cats passing. (warm hugs)
Lifelines climbing mini is orange and white striped that looks like creamsicles to me. I don't know if this would suffice.?

Two sisters might still have one, just email her and ask. They stop shipping June 1st.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 2:49AM
More Discussions
Miniature Rose color changed?
Hi all! I bought a pink parade rose from the grocery...
gardenInTheSky
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
What's wrong with this little miniature rose plant??
Hi all, My mom got this for me up in Sonoma around...
a_shau
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
Is this just transplant shock?
Hello, I got these from trader joes last week. They...
jakrat85
Sponsored Products
Climbing Branches 3-Panel Screen Room Divider - Black - 85089
$99.98 | Hayneedle
Colonial Mills Market Mix Stair Tread - Oval - 8 x 28 in. - Set of 13 - MM01A008
$242.99 | Hayneedle
Aquaglide Freefall 6
FRONTGATE
Fusion Dark Bronze LED Square Finial Wall Sconce with Weave Glass
$308.00 | Bellacor
Sami Console - SILVER
$5,299.00 | Horchow
Alabster Rocks! 36-Inch 6000 Lumen LED Semi-Flush Mount with U-Clips
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™