Best way to move large pots.

the_first_kms2(8/9)November 28, 2013

I bought this tree dolly online from Northern tool and was able to get it tonight and put it to good use.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Oh I like that. I may have to get one. I use a regular dolly but like the sides on that one.

Mike

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 10:25AM
elucas101(8)

Oh man! That's awesome!!! That's definitely going on the wish list. I had Russ help me with a few this year but we were able to get them through the house (short cut) - next year I don't think that will be the case and we'll have to go the long way around to the garage.

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 11:02AM
jandey1(TX8)

Well, K, that does add a manly touch to this hobby for you, LOL. Mike, if you lived closer you and K would be good friends!

Emily, the long way to the garage stinks, doesn't it? Jeez, I wish I'd looked for a back yard-adjacent garage when I bought this house. If only I'd known!

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 11:32AM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

Here it is in daylight moving my Let Rainbow back outside after a chilly night. 25 gallon containers was my previous lift and carry limit but now... I think it's rated to almost 3/4 ton capacity! It's on sale too.

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 1:13PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

OMG!!!

What a handy dolly...

Looks great handling that Lei Rainbow!!!

I think I need one myself , these trees are getting huge and to heavy to lift.

Great find!!!

Laura

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 10:13PM
beachplant(9b)

No garage.
I saw this great plant sling carry thing in Kansas City. Mom and I were able to pick up and move a giant cement statue at the nursery to try it out. She`s old with one arm and we had no problem. I still don`t know why I didn`t buy one.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 5:17PM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

it's big and manly and rolls great in rough areas. the handles are about 5 1/2 feet tall and wieghs about 80lbs. The best part is how it cradles the container and using it I can almost lay a plant over on its side to cleanly prune out roots which may be blocking drain holes. If you have large containers and the space to store this thing its well worth it.

Now I have a way to move very large pots. Now I just have to figure out a way to store a very large tree for the half a dozen times a year we have a freeze.

Bookmark   December 3, 2013 at 11:39AM
beachplant(9b)

those tree dollies are sure nice. Anything to make life easier.
At least with the plumeria once in I don`t have to move them until the spring, unlike the other stuff, in and out, in and out! The birdroom is full of plants that need to go back out but going to wait till this next cold front goes through. 41 predicted here. Some of the more tropical stuff can`t even take that temp. Wimpy plants. They may not live much longer!
Tally Ho!

Bookmark   December 3, 2013 at 11:45AM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

K, I printed a picture, gave it to my my husband with Northerns toll free number. I told him that is all I want for Christmas. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed, and be a good girl. Barbra

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 2:40PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

double posting

This post was edited by honeybunny2 on Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 21:30

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 4:56PM
pcput

"LOVE it"

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 1:34PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Gosh! They mailed it from Arlington on the 17th, and its still not here. Everyday they tell Gary that it will be here that day. He thinks it got here on the 18th like they said and they sold it in the store, then reordered another one. He is really upset. Barbra

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 3:11PM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

Barbra,
Northern's In store pick up option to save on shipping has got some sort of distribution bug. I experienced the same thing. Ordered on Nov 10 and didnt get it until the 27th. but its free versus the $100 shipping cost for this thing.

I ordered some replacement parts for my pole saw 2 weeks ago and it's still "In Transit" (Probably on the same truck with your dolly).

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 11:54AM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

K, it finally got here just in time for Christmas, when Gary unwrapped it, to put on the wheels, it was lopsided. Looks like it was run into by one of those vehicles that load the truck. He returned it yesterday, there was no way it could have been used in that condition, really looked funny it was so bent. At least I got to see how big it is, I can't wait to get it so I can use it this spring. Barbra

Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
what do you think of the callus?
The three on the left are hard and appear to be good...
plumeriai45
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
winter projects
well, it just finished raining in drought California....
rox146
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™