California good weather

tdogdad(Zone 9)November 8, 2013

I find it interesting that it is one week into November, I have over two hundred plumies and not one has started going dormant. The last two days temps were in the 80's in the afternoon. Also, over a hundred plants are still producing flowers, some many, some just a few. I sure hope this means a warm winter. I also have quite a few seed pods starting with three on this one red branch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Im with you Bill. I hope it stays warm too! Your plants look great. At this rate I bet pysycho doesn't even shut down this year.

Mike

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:02AM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

I am sticking with Feb 08th for the last Psycho bloom. :)

Mine are starting to drop to the lower leaves and old inflos but that seems to be about it.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 10:26AM
chuy415

Agree Bill- weather has been pretty nice this month!
Amazed at the seed pods!! Such excitement ;-)

Chuy

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 12:59PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hi Bill,

Looking beautiful as always!!!

Nice to hear some of you are having a mild November. We are expected to see temps drop into the lower thirties this week for the low at night . Brrrrrr..

Sounds like K is having his own contest for Psycho!! Lol!! That is a good date though.. That pic of Psycho reminded me of the contest too.. I will have to admit! ;-). So I'm out of the running if it does start to form.

Thanks for the great pictures.. Always fabulous..

Take care,

Laura

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 4:25PM
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Bill looks great still. I am in NYC right now and it was upper 40s during the day and going down to 33 tonight..brrrrrrrrr.
Saw that it was 80 today in So Cal, missing the warmth. Hopefully the warmth hangs in for a bit so you can enjoy the blooms, maybe could be a Plumie X Mas for you.
Cheers thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 5:06PM
rox146

Really pretty rime of the year in SoCal....roxanne

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 6:07PM
palmspringsplumie(9b)

Great weather here in Palm Springs too. Mid 80's during the day and mid 50's at night. This is Super Round blooming happily.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:23PM
palmspringsplumie(9b)

Vigin Pink also still blooming away.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:35PM
rox146

I bought Super Round this year...what is the scent? Hope mine blooms next season. roxanne

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:31PM
palmspringsplumie(9b)

I just bought my Super Round this year so maybe the scent will get stronger but right now it's pretty mild. Sort of an average sweet smell just not very strong. Love the variation in bloom colors though!

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:31PM
powderpuff

Beautiful blooms palmsprings! I cut most of my leaves off in October due to the inevitable rust but one it dried out here, they all began to leaf out again and almost all of my big trees in the ground are getting ready to bloom and some of mine in pots. We have been in the high 80's. I'm worried the ones in the ground may not open up before the nights turn cold. I saw a forecast for low of 49 next week. I think they will drop the buds. I will bring the ones in pots in so their buds will be protected. Darn it... two are huge NOIDS, 7' tall, 6' wide and I really wanted it to bloom so I could tag them correctly.

Bookmark   November 9, 2013 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Thai Super Round Blooming In February.....Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hello everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying the warmth...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
Jungle Jacks at Lowes
So, now that I have your attention....when do you think...
rox146
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Bayer tree and shrub
Has anyone ever mixed in fertilizer with the Bayer...
rox146
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™