Chasing Rainbow

priszm(9a)March 26, 2007

I just received this last Thursday from John's Miniatures. Friday it got re-planted into a pot. Since I wasn't able to do this by the time I received it on Thursday, I put it, along w/ the other 2 I received, in the 10 inch pot in the containers they arrived in and added some water to each individual container. Saturday I noticed Chasing Rainbow's was slightly tilted. I gently pushed it in the other direction, to see I could straighten it and noticed that the main stalk is not hanging by a thread to the roots. I straightened the plant and added more dirt around the stalk to support it. Will this plant still root and thrive? Thanks everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lesdvs9

It's possible, I doubt it. Follow your directions though and keep the roses moist and from drying out and maybe you'll get lucky. Did it come this way and they'll have to honor their guarantee and replace it? Good luck and that's too bad that happened. Still I believe these are own root roses and it should put out other canes for you. I've had one broken to the ground and in a week I had new growth. 3 weeks later I've got a healthy thick new rose growing.
Leslie

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
99 Cent Store Gift, a million thanks
I have a neighbor that has a cactus and succulent collection....
jasminerose4u, California
Kroger has Mini-Floras
I had heard from some Society Members that Kroger had...
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Mini roses successfully kept indoors over winter
Ok, finally, I got some time. The pictures were taken...
jujujojo_gw
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™