Tiny Petals Nursery Closes...

DorianRed(z9 CA)April 28, 2005

I just found out that May 22 will be their last mail order date.

http://www.tinypetalsnursery.com/

It's sad news for many of us here. The two roses I purchased from them - "Yantai" and "Old Fashioned Girl" have been extremely healthy and productive, giving me so many blooms for vases throughout the season.

I wish them happy retirement and best of luck.

(The note says that Greenheart Farms will begin to take mail orders for the Tiny Petals roses after July 5th.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggerdave(Montana 4/5)

Mixed feelings about it here. TPN is the only place we mail order roses from. (Carol and Richard are real time friends and we trust them to send us quality plants) All 19 we ordered in 2001 are still growing like crazy. We got the news a few weeks ago when we ordered more for this year. I talked to Carol on the phone and they are really looking forward to retiring and having time to play. I've been teasing Richard about going fishing more since they moved to Nevada. We may order a few we were going to wait until next year to get before May 22.
They are very excited about Greenheart's plans for the Dee Bennett collection. I hope they are right. Dee's minis are my favorites.

Bookmark   April 28, 2005 at 1:51AM
cnetter(z5 Co)

Greenheart farms currently owns Nor'East. Wow, I didn't know they also got TPN.

Bookmark   April 28, 2005 at 10:12AM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Interesting. At least the plant stock won't be lost, that's good news. And Greenheart's Nor'East plants are in nice band-like pots, and are very healthy. Thanks for the info.

Bookmark   April 28, 2005 at 10:35AM
trospero(8)

Greenheart Farms has been doing a top notch job with the Nor 'East roses, so I expect they will carry on the Dee Bennett legacy with as much competence and skill. Be glad they took it over rather than having it close, permanently.

Paul

Bookmark   May 3, 2005 at 9:50PM
petsitterbarb(Zone 6, N.E. OK)

Wow...I'm WAY behind on rose news! Loved Tiny Petals and have also had very good roses from Nor'East. Looks like it all worked out for everyone though. I've got a couple of minis that are pulling at my heartstrings, so will contact Nor'East. My VERY best ever luck w/ a mini has been with one from Tiny Petals, named for her loyal helper, Ms. Mary. I've had her for numerous years, and she's always totally disease free and beautiful

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
Suggestions to plant between mini roses?
I am planting/have planted a bunch of micro minis and...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
mini and pineapple love each other.
My pineapple houseplant was getting too big so I put...
Wild Haired Mavens
A multi-flora mini-rose
I am not sure who is the producer.
jujujojo_gw
Mini roses successfully kept indoors over winter
Ok, finally, I got some time. The pictures were taken...
jujujojo_gw
dan_keil_cr
You have lovely collection of many types of roses....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™