Would love to see your rose garden pictures

sara_ann-z6bokMarch 2, 2014

Would some of you who have well established roses and have taken pictures of your beds or gardens indulge some of us and show some of your beautiful roses? Where I am we are having some very nasty weather today and we are stuck indoors, of course I am dreaming of roses. Would love to see yours! I don't have many full bush shots, but will show a picture of one of my most dependable (not last year so much) roses -

BEWITCHED with some red roses

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_ann-z6bok

Probably wasn't a good idea to try to start another thread of garden pics since we've already had a lot of them lately. I was just lonesome for beautiful roses yesterday. We'll have them soon enough though!

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 11:35AM
pat_bamaz7

Sara Ann, It was in the 70's here yesterday, and now it's below freezing today and sleeting...so tired of this crazy winter! I don't have a lot of shots showing anything other than blooms or individual bushes, but tried to find some pictures to post with background plantings that hopefully I haven't posted before.

Here's another picture of Royal Amethyst for you in my all rose garden:

HereâÂÂs a not so great partial shot of Paris d'Yves St Laurent with some bright cheerful companions in the background:

Not the best pic of George Burns, but thought it was funny to see him being eaten by a Beautyberry bush:

The McCartney Rose looks so pretty with Mexican Pentunia, but that stuff spreads like crazyâ¦hoping this cold winter kills it offâ¦if so, I will definitely plant another (better behaved) tall purple in its place.

Not the best picture of Chris Evert, but a great shot of one of my all-time favorite companion plants behind herâ¦Tutti Frutti agastache:

And lastly, a truly terrible distant shot of my white garden (yes, IâÂÂm scraping bottom of the barrel picturesâ¦canâÂÂt wait to have new pictures to share this year), but love the stormy sky and thought it was time for the cows to make another forum appearance...lol ïÂÂ

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 11:42AM
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.

Sara Ann,

I think it is a great idea! This thread usually has beautiful rose blooms, but you seem to be requesting a peek at garden shots, beds, secret gardens etc. I love, love, love to see roses paired with other plants/flowers! It is inspirational. Unfortunately, my garden was overhauled or redesigned a few months ago so I have no photos yet.

Lynn

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 11:43AM
jjstatz

Here is my Abraham Darby (own root, first year and this was the first bloom... look how short he was!) overlooking the red leaf dahlia bed -

close up

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 12:01PM
sara_ann-z6bok

You all are so sweet. Lynn, I did say garden shots, but any are okay. We have snow on the ground today and it is bitter cold, but things are looking up. It's been quite a winter! I feel bad for complaining, because I know a lot of you have had it much worse than we have here. Pat, you are getting what we had yesterday. As usual those are beautiful pictures. Love the Royal Amethyst and the Paris d'Yves St. Laurent is beautiful, they all are, especially with the other flowers, nice combinations. Love your stormy sky with cows too. Jjstatz - The Abraham Darby and the dahlias are lovely together, what a pretty picture. Thanks so much.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 1:34PM
lesmc

Sara-Annâ¦I think I have shared most of my garden shots, but I will try a few more. I agree with you, after another ice and snow storm last night, garden shots are very up-lifting I always enjoy seeing all garden shots. Lesley

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:35PM
lesmc

Another shot not sure if I have posted this one before. Lesley

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:39PM
lizzieroux

OMG!!
These roses are all so lovely!
Just beautiful!!

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 5:51PM
pat_bamaz7

jjstatz29, Baby Abe sure is cute with your dahlias!
Lesley, I don't think I've seen those pictures before. What is the apricot rose in the second pic...it's gorgeous!
Here are a few more combo shots:

I love the round cabbage blooms of Peace paired with the pancake flat blooms of Sweet Surrender:

A faded Gina Lollobrigida and Intrigue:

And a not great shot of a couple of Mr Lincoln blooms with cleome (reseeds so badly, but I still love it anyway) and sweet shrub (passed down from my great grandmother's original plant):

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 6:05PM
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.

I agree with lizzynola!!!!

Lesley,thank you for posting. I have been going back and forth trying to determine what I am going to place in front of a Belinda's Dream in a rose bed; it will be day lilies!

Pat, your Paris d'Yves Saint Laurent is gorgeous!

Lynn

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 6:13PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Lesley - I don't recall seeing those pictures either. The apricot rose is gorgeous! Pat Your Peace roses look lovely and I like your Mister Lincoln too.

Pink Peace was pretty colorful in this picture.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 19:18

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:12PM
nanadollZ7 SWIdaho(Zone 7 Boise SW Idaho)

You can never have too many garden pics to view, so post away. We have had an easy time of it this winter, except for drought worries. February arrived just in time with rain, the amount, 2.22 inches, is pretty puny for most locations, but record breaking for us in the desert, and along with March so far, has pretty much saved our bacon in the drought situation.
Sara-Ann, I've enjoyed all the threads you've start so much, along with Lesley's garden views, and Beth's alphabet roses. I have a huge list I'm plowing through of roses and plants new to me. Plus, it's just been plain fun to see everyone's gardening efforts.
Those Bewitched blooms look gorgeous with the red, Sara-Ann, just like a Valentine card.
Pat, I especially like the Mexican petunia. It's a beautiful plant that I'd love to try. Maybe it wouldn't spread so badly here, or maybe I should just heed your words!
jjstatz20, your dahlia bed with Abe is very charming. Before you know it, he'll be looking down on those dahlias.
Lesley, what are the beautiful apricot blooms in your second photo? They are luscious.
I'm sure some of you have seen some of my pics, but here goes with Brother Cadfael and Jude the Obscure. A border of pink snapdragons and pink daisies run along the edge of the bed. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:44PM

Here's my good old snowball and the nearby birdbath. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:47PM

Here's a full view of my monster snowball. It loves the desert and is totally carefree, producing one huge flush in the spring. The birds love to hang out in it. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:50PM

This is a flower bed near the porch. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:53PM

Here is Evelyn with some snapdragons. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:56PM

One more for now. This could get out of hand. This is Julia C, Bernstein-Rose, and others in the front yard. Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:59PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you Diane. Those pictures are gorgeous! The Snowball is lovely. I'm in awe every time I see your Julia Child roses, the gigantic bushes are something and really lovely. Your roses and other flowers are so healthy!

Some of the roses in this picture are Peace, Belinda's Dream, Veterans Honor, Sunsprite and Love Song. This picture was taken in late September and by the time they quit blooming in mid-November the Belinda's Dream bushes had almost tripled and were loaded with buds.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 21:47

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 8:19PM
lesmc

Pat, the rose you asked about is Heaven On Earthâ¦a great rose for me. The rose in front is Pretty Lady, also a great blooming rose for me.I really liked the Peace-Sweet Surender pic. I love the Peace rose and mine looks so bad right now, but all roses look bad with black canes. I should probably start a list of replacements from these pictures. Diane, love your snapdragons. I use them all over, my favorite annual. I have another Evelyn coming this spring. Such a beautiful rose. Lesley

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 8:19PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Lesley - What a lovely scene in your last picture, you are so talented! Love the pink roses. I wish you the best and hope you didn't lose too many roses.

In this picture of my front rose bed, some different roses are blooming. I always love the touch of red, which is Chrysler Imperial. I am waiting with anticipation to see the blooms in their second season.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 22:17

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 9:43PM

Those long beds filled with roses will be gorgeous this summer, Sara-Ann. They look lovely as first year plantings, too. In fact, I would have not guessed they had been in those beds such a short time. You must live in a rose friendly growing area.

Here's a pic of "Blue Clips" Campanula and my one piece of "garden art". Diane

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 2:45PM

Just one more pic--some lavender with Ascot. Diane

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 2:47PM
pat_bamaz7

Lesley, Heaven on Earth⦠IâÂÂve been looking for that rose for a couple of years with no luckâ¦I guess IâÂÂll just have to admire pictures of yours for now :)
Sara Ann, I just love seeing pictures of that brick lined rose bed of yours! I love the layout and the roses.
Diane, My climate is so different from yours, so maybe Mexican Petunia would be okay for you, but unless you have a large area you would like it take over, I canâÂÂt in good conscience recommend it based on my experience. It is beautiful, but once established, it has been nearly impossible for me to eradicate. IâÂÂve cut it back and poured straight, undiluted Round Up concentrate on it where it has traveled under that fence without it missing a beat. IâÂÂve dug and dug and dug thinking I had it all out, and it just keeps coming back. I dug it all out again before the first âÂÂpolar vortexâ hit us and didnâÂÂt fill the holes back inâ¦left them exposed in hopes this cold will kill any remaining roots for me. Anyway, your snowball bush is scrumptious looking. My sister had one in the back yard of her old house in Tennessee, and I always admired it. It wasnâÂÂt as big and full as yours, though. And of course, IâÂÂm jealous of your lavender. IâÂÂm sure you have gathered from the other thread that I have a love/hate relationship with it hereâ¦itâÂÂs just too darned wet, humid, acidic here to thrive for me, but I will always adore the look and smell of it.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 3:03PM
seil zone 6b MI

You can never have too many of these pictures as far as i'm concerned! They're all gorgeous and make me very envious!

No roses in this one but it makes my garden look very green and lush so I like it! From August last year.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 4:35PM
seil zone 6b MI

Here's a shot of the potted roses from June.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 4:37PM
pat_bamaz7

Seil,
Love your roses, of course, and really love the sunflowers in your first pic. I bought various sunflower seeds the other day to plant once it finally warms up...hopefully, soon!

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 5:03PM

Pat, thanks for your detailed answer concerning Mexican petunia. Boy, I think I'll pass on that one. I've had enough trouble with trumpet vine, bishop's weed, and other nasties. I don't believe I've seen the petunia for sale around here, either. I know now there is a reason.
I had Heaven on Earth for about three years--got it just after it came out. I thought it was a wonderful rose, but then in its third summer it started to spontaneously die back (the only time this has happened to any rose of mine). The following spring i removed it because it didn't look like it was going to recover, and I didn't want to watch it die by inches. I'm wondering if other people had this problem because about the time I took out HonE, the rose disappeared from commerce. Just seems a little odd.
Everything looks so healthy and colorful in the dahlia and sunflower bed, seil. Love them. It must demand a tremendous amount of work to keep all those potted roses in such good shape. I stand in awe of you.
Diane

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 7:14PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you everyone. Diane - Your campanula with the other flowers and garden art is lovely and Ascot is a beautiful rose. Seil your sunflowers and other flowers are so cheerful looking. I love your container roses. I actually like growing them that way, but the containers can get so expensive for the hybrid teas, wish I could find a cheaper source.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 7:28PM
lesmc

Seilâ¦love your dahlias. I hope to add more this year. Do you grow any of the dinner plates? They are work,but so lovely to cut. Sara-Annâ¦I bet you will be so happy with your roses this year. They did so well for new roses, they will take off now.Diane, so sorry about your HOE. Sure hope I don`t experience that. My sister bought one last year at R.U. and it is doing very well in South Carolina.Every garden is so different but I am always up for trying new roses!!! Lesley

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 7:46PM
sara_ann-z6bok

I think I posted this picture on another thread a while back. It shows 2 Double Delight bushes, with a Drop Dead floribunda rose in the middle.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 19:52

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 7:49PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you Lesley for the encouraging words. I am definitely looking forward to the spring flush. You have another lovely picture there. I've never been to Kentucky, but have always thought it must be a beautiful place, seems like everything is so green and lush and the flowers are just lovely. I love seeing everyone's beautiful roses and flowers, this is so nice!

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 9:57PM
pat_bamaz7

My lenton roses are finally blooming and my camellias are trying to start, as well. So good to see something with color in the garden!

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 12:38PM
lesmc

Patâ¦..those Lenton Roses are magnificent. I have a few but I want to add more. I need to get out and snip the old leaves. Snow,go away! Sara-Ann, I am so sincere when I say your gardens will be amazing this year. I can`t wait to see your pictures. Hurry up Spring! Lesley

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 10:16PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Very nice Pat. So glad you're beginning to have some blooms.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 10:16PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you Lesley. I am really excited and anxious and trying to figure out the layout for my new roses. I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's spring blooms too.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 10:32PM
msjam2

Diane, your garden is marvelous! ! I am in awe!

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 11:13PM
phatboyrose(N/W FL. - 8)

picture of side rose bed

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 5:54AM
phatboyrose(N/W FL. - 8)

Front rose bed

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 6:04AM
sara_ann-z6bok

Phatboyrose - Those roses are beautiful and so colorful. Glad you shared with us, they are gorgeous!

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 12:57PM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

If any roses ever start blooming, I'll post some pics, but the golden yellow forsythia has not even bloomed yet, so I'm not even up to early spring pruning yet.

All I have is a few early purple crocuses which opened today and one yellow bloom on a mini-daffodil. Not much of a show, to say the least--but at least signs of spring life slowly appearing in the garden!

Kate

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 2:50AM
redwolfdoc_z5(5)

Ugh.. we had a massive snowstorm on Wednesday! Everything is buried again!

Thanks to all of you for sharing these great pics. I can't wait to see more - they brighten up my day!

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 9:48PM
boncrow66

I am in awe of everyone's gardens and roses. Beautiful! And a feast for the eyes!!! Gives me inspiration and ideas for my new garden this year.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 2:37PM
BIZKIT123

This was taken the 2 mos. after we got our house. I planted these roses on my front yard. It used to be barren.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:40PM
BIZKIT123

Garden part 2

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:43PM
BIZKIT123

Rose Garden Part 3

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:45PM
BIZKIT123

Rose Garden Part4

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:47PM
BIZKIT123

Part 5

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:48PM
BIZKIT123

Season1 part1 heeeheee...sounds like a series

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:56AM
BIZKIT123

Season1part2 Front yard

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:58AM
BIZKIT123

Season2 part3 George Burns up close

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:59AM
BIZKIT123

Season 2 part4

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:05PM
BIZKIT123

part5

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:07PM
BIZKIT123

part6

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:09PM
BIZKIT123

season2 part7

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:11PM
BIZKIT123

Part7

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 3:18AM
BIZKIT123

Part8

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 3:24AM
sara_ann-z6bok

BIZKIT - You truly have some gorgeous roses, you've done a wonderful job with the layout and your roses all look so pretty together, I love all that color. You need to start your own thread, so more people will check them out. All your hard work needs to be seen and enjoyed! Would also love to know what some of your varieties are, because they look so good together.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:14AM
Glen4sure(7a)

Have more and I'm also having problems with photobucket.

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Roses "T"
Ok now for the Ts: TABLE MOUNTAIN TABOO TABRIS TAFFETA TALISMAN TAMORA TANGERINE...
bethnorcal9
Supermarket Roses
Not that these aren't beautiful, I would just rather...
sara_ann-z6bok
Homere and Grandmother's Hat Blooms
Snipped these to walk around the (very soggy) garden...
Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
'Rosarium Uetersen'
An outstanding winter-hardy climber for zone 5. Only...
paulieinct
The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild
To me, this rose has a different form than most Austins...
suebelle_neworleans
Sponsored Products
Tuscan Garden Navarro Sand LED Tall Tapered Wall Sconce with Egg and Dart Design
$570.00 | Bellacor
Garden Essentials Wall Hooks - Set of 3
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
Stacked-Horn Floor Lamp
$2,100.00 | Horchow
Weatherwise Window Box
Signature Hardware
PIX Set of 4 Snack Forks by Blomus
$13.49 | Lumens
Palm Island Shepherd's Hook Black Landscape Light
$33.91 | Lamps Plus
Martha Stewart Area Rug: Gracious Garden Weatervane 9' x 12'