Door open or shut?

colokid(5)April 29, 2010

Will the sun shine on Friday?

I got to leave for the day to swap out my ICD with a bad battery.

Forecast is for 50 degrees high. If I leave the door closed on my little GH and the sun comes out for even an hour it will go to over a 100 degrees on my tomatoes..not good.

Maybe I better leave it opened up while I am gone. The 50 shouldn't hurt them and the heater would come on at about 45.

One of these days an automatic fan.............

Any body got an old swamp cooler I can latch onto?

Decisions, decisions,,,,,,,,,,

KennyP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digit(ID/WA)

KennyP, I've got a vent that is very high on the wall. At the other end, I can open the exhaust fan. Neither is controlled by anything automatic.

Between these vents is the furnace and it has a "cooling" side to the thermostat. It helps some when it gets warm during the day but doesn't do too much more than stir the air.

My best choice for cooling is to turn that exhaust fan on and let it run. It is a fairly large kitchen-type fan and with the air coming in high up on the other end - most bright sunny days can be safely dealt with.

Warmer air temperature means I have to open the door because the air against the south wall gets a little "trapped" with air only coming in high up.

My most difficult days are when it is very sunny but only around 40°. Throw a 20mph wind and a few big clouds into the mix and I'm practically a nervous wreck trying to keep control of things!

Here's Wishing You the Best of Luck!

Steve

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Spring Swap official site
Good Day all, Just wanted to start an official site...
gjmancini
getting ready!
So I decided to remodel my seed starting this year....
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Something New in the Tomato Patch
Often, I have allowed a volunteer tomato to grow each...
digit
Like to See What is Happening
... in Rocky Mountain weather compared to "normals." Choose...
digit
RMG - How do I do it -- Where do I find it thread!
Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread here for...
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™