Companion Rose for Sweet Chariot

hsummerApril 25, 2008

I want to plant 3 Sweet Chariots as border plants right at the edge of my driveway. I'm thinking it would look nice to plant a taller shrub or floribunda rose behind the SCs. Can anyone recommend a shrub or floribunda rose that will complement the color of SC well?

Thanks.

Hope

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decobug(z6a Idaho SW)

I think the 3 Sweet Chariot surrounding 2 Midnight blue would be nice... the colors would each bring out the best in the other...

Another nice combo is based upon petal shape and that would be to plant Rose de rescht, which is like a larger more pink version of the SC blooms... besides they both smell terrific!

Molineux or Julia Child is another option, yellow/purple is a common pair.

So is orange/purple, Tamora with SC would look heavenly as well...

Have fun deciding :)

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 4:35AM
hsummer

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll see which of those I can find at my local garden center and go with one of your suggestions.

Thanks.
Hope

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 10:18AM
lesdvs9

I put my Sweet Chariot in front of Iceberg, I should have pics in a few days showing them both all in bloom.

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 7:20PM
hsummer

Iceberg. Hmmmm.... That sounds pretty. Please do share. I have an iceberg in my backyard that I have actually been thinking of moving. This just might work and save me some $$ too. Can't wait to see your pic. Thanks.

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 9:53AM
lesdvs9

My Sweet Chariot is a year old now, it will grow into this space quite nicely, I think. In the first pic you can see Iceberg peeking over the side. This is full sun so I never get good pics of the bush unless it's an overcast day, which I don't have many of either:) Still it'll give you the idea. I took this last night.

Once the bush is in full bloom and SC is larger, this will look more dramatic, I think.

Still it gives you an idea. The Lavender and the other rose to the side throw distracting shades together, but I like them all anyway:)
Leslie

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 2:08PM
sandyr_mid_tenn6b(6b Middle TN)

Mine is planted with Starry Night and Gourmet Popcorn

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Supermarket Minis
Once again, I am getting tempted by Supermarket Minis....
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
How to deal with black spots
My mini-roses seem to be very vulnerable to black spots....
jujujojo_gw
Help with ID of grocery store mini (pics)
I saw these two minis at the grocery store for $3.99...
gardennatlanta
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™