You know your truly "sick" when....

andrew78(6)November 11, 2012

You buy a few more plumeria after seeing that your going to have a warm spell long enough to have your trees shipped to you! LOL. Yes, I bit the bullet and ordered 3 more trees. 'J.L. Metallica'(Yes Laura, you finally got me to order one.), 'Butterfly Gold', and 'Vera Cruz Rose'. These should be here Tuesday. I did forget that we had a holiday but I am not conerned for there travels. I bought them all from Florida Colors and they always come in excellent condition.

Cannot wait for these, and NO! I still have a California Sunset coming too!!! I AM SICK WHAT CAN I SAY!

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pcput

Not only are you sick Andrew, but it's contagious. Be very careful everyone. It can come right through a computer screen. I'll take my mask and gloves off as soon as I get out of here. Peg

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 2:58PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Thats funny Andrew, but it is true. We had highs in the 70's all last week, pretty perfect shipping weather, Hahaha

Mike

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 9:59AM
gardenbear1(6 Ma.)

Its been in the mid 60s for the last week, makes me want to buy a few more plumerias but I know better than try it, there only one that I really want right now but I'll wait until spring to buy it ( maybe)

Bear

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 2:06PM
kt2fl(okla z7)

Andrew,

That's too funny! I did the same thing last year. When temps were in the 60s, that was my window to buy plumies and have them shipped within that week!

Kenny

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 3:26PM
andrew78(6)

I have to admit, I have been pretty careless when it comes to having rooted plumeria and cuttings shipped to me. Last winter or two winters ago, I ordered 2 Nebel's Rainbow from Mimi Palmer. The temps were in the 30's during the day but 20's during the day. They were wrapped heavily in newspaper and they arrived in great shape. I also did the same with my JJ's 'Divine'. I got that in November December, along with my HUGE JJ's 'Christina' and 'Milan'.

I firmly believe that these trees are truly tropical but in my experience there also VERY hardy trees.

I have yet to lose any from cold damage, rot sadly yes, and in fact I lost another of my 'Lani' cuttings. I had 3 and now am sadly down to 1.

I also lost the 1 Nebel's Rainbow I kept for myself. I sold 1 and gave 1 to my mother, so I will be shopping around for another one.

Take care everyone, and I will let you all know when they arrive!!

Andrew

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 4:31PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

andrew, you are a risk taker. i was scared to buy broomstick with free postage the first of oct. where are you going to store these plants thruout the winter? now i know why so many folks contacted me after katrina asking if i would keep their tropicals in tx for the winter. alot folks in la. use to store plants in them, but they lost contact with them after katrina. i did not want the responsability, so i declined. thank goodness, we had that horrible freeze and i lost my plants that winter.. barbra

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 9:18PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hey Andrew,

Im so excited about the JL Metallica!! WHOO HOO!!

The VCR is a beauty too! You know ii love the "Butterfly Gold" Thanks to Joan!! :-) Loved her pics!! That is one beautiful tree.

Sorry to here you lost another Lani, that really stinks.

Hopefully, you won't loose any others..

I just finally noticed roots on my cuttinng (JL Don HO)

i was holding my breath because of the timme of year. It has been rooting for a couple of months now.. I can see tiny roots. Hopefully it will continue to do well and get a nice root mass before the cold arrives. We had two days of 70* then it dropped into the 50's today. Crazy weather here..

Take care and i cant wait to hear the scream when they arrive!!! LOL!!

Laura

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 2:01AM
More Discussions
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
Length of dormancy....
Greetings! I have two grafted plumeria, Celadine and...
scott_madison
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
Can anyone ID this plumeria?
This was my first plumeria. I found it in the backyard...
jedobaTX9b
OT testing.. Wanting to say hello to my friends!!
Hi everyone!! I'm just testing out the new format...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™