Just got Pinstripe. Tell me...

mike_in_new_orleans(9a/ coastal LA)April 30, 2005

I just purchased Pinstripe from Heirloom Roses. Can anyone tell me how big to expect this one to get. The rooted cutting is a alot shorter than the Bees Knees and Ruby Baby that I purchased along with it. I plan to use it as an accent in a decorative container on my front steps. Please tell me what you know about this one. How prolific, how tall,bushy, etc.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trospero(8)

I find it grows to a maximum of 18" in average conditions.

Paul

Bookmark   May 2, 2005 at 9:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

I ordered Pinstripe from Johns last year. Before that spindly little twig showed up I happened upon a nice little pot of one at (of all places) Lowes. That little twig from Johns has yet to catch up with the one from Lowes. Both are low growing (under a foot I think), and last year were almost always in bloom. Too new to say how large they will be, and since mine are potted they may never reach their full growth potential. I've had a rather bad time with P.M. this spring, but Pinstripe has resisted it and B.S. as well. In early spring the weather is so erratic that it's hard to maintain a regular spray schedule, so some roses can become infected before the weather stabilizes, and I can begin my regular spray schedule. After only a full year of growing Pinstripe it's too new in my garden to say if it will be a long term keeper, but I was impressed with it in it's first year.

Bookmark   May 4, 2005 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
Sport of Hot Tamale?
Hello! My Hot Tamale is new this year, own root. It...
redwolfdoc_z5
Another planting mini question
A neighbor I met the day we were digging out all of...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
The minirose bought last Christmas
Finally some pictures with the Rhododendron. I have...
jujujojo_gw
Grocery Store Minis
This is the first year to go through a spring with...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Help!
I bought a mini rose for a bridal shower gift at walmart....
suyoder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™