Snow Sunblaze Minis

jmeeks80April 28, 2007

I have two snow Sunblaze Minis. This year I've had a problem with black spot because my lawn sprinkler was hitting them. Treated with Immunox Disease + Insect. Was curious what type of maintenence these roses need. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to cut them back any. Last year they bloomed VERY vigerously with no care at all (just a tablespoon of MG Rose & Bloom every two months each). This year they are sickly and the buds die, although this may be resolved by keeping the sprinkler off them (was messing up my azaleas too). Also does anyone know where you can buy Sunblaze? I can't recall where these came from. I'll follow up with some pictures with the sun comes up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Try some local garden centers. I don't see any vendors listed at helpmefind.com and only a European vendor in the 2007 Combined Rose List.

You can cut out any dead canes and shape the plant as needed. The blackspot you are going to have to treat regularly, as per the directions on the bottle. Immunox application is every 7 days, and it may not clear an active infection. Immunox wasn't successful on blackspot for me. Many people are using Bayer Advanced Disease Control for Roses, Shrubs and Trees or Bayer Advanced All-In-One (combo fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide). They were probably getting too much water. I wouldn't fertilize until you see it growing new leaves.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 6:58PM
jmeeks80

The Immunox finally worked after about 4 applications. The roses have put on a new flush of nice looking leaves very quickly. Now the concern is the flower buds keep coming up green, not white...is this due to excessive nitrogen?

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 8:59PM
jkunkel(zone 7)

You might want to look on John's miniature roses for sunblaze. I have a mandrin sunblaze, I got mine from Lowes of all places! Its is georgous, and blooming perfously. The foliage is really dark and glossy too! Guess I got lucky. Hope this helps

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 12:25PM
More Discussions
Big Pots
Last evening my husband came home with some pots he...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Miniature Rose Trade
I have a fair listing of miniature and antique roses....
txaggiegirl
supermarket mini bought on the wrong day
My apologies if this topic has been discussed before...
Jenny
Grocery store minis
Since there is no lack of posts about these little...
ziyakr
Sport of Hot Tamale?
Hello! My Hot Tamale is new this year, own root. It...
redwolfdoc_z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™