Do's & Don't's

digit(ID/WA)April 27, 2010

First the Don't's . . . we know these things! All we have to do is look around us. Honestly, I thought the morning's news could have been worse on the subject but, we may as well be happy to get past another well-deserved scolding: What a Bad Lifestyle Does to Your Life Span

If they would have included gambling to the list, it would have hurt the feelings of 3/4th's the population.

Okay, now for some Do's! The International Association of Culinary Professionals gave its People's Choice award to "The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery" cookbook, by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson.

Alerted to this honor, I looked up Ms. Katz's webpages: Transforming Health Through the Power of Food. She has some recipes. Click on her "culinary Rx" . . . and EAT these things!

Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gjcore

I've always lived by the motto that you are what you eat.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 11:52PM
digit(ID/WA)

I'M A VEGETABLE!!

no, i'm not . . . let's see, i had yogurt at 3:30am, a banana, half a pear, and prunes at 6am and eggs with cheese and toast at 11:30am . . .

I'm breakfast!

Steve's digits

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 2:34PM
digit(ID/WA)

Anna Thomas' Love Soup has just won a James Beard Foundation Award for best healthy focus cookbook!

Sooooo, I found some recipes from Ms. Thomas: "Love Soup" Recipes.

It is supposed to be a miserable day outdoors, tomorrow. (After a whole series of nearly-miserable days.) Right now, I'm so cold from all the wind experienced while transplanting that I think I'll just go to bed and dream of soup! Tomorrow, maybe I'll just go right ahead and make some.

Steve

Bookmark   May 2, 2010 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Batten down the hatches!
Hi all, Well, NOAA just changed the Front Range (and...
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
Lettuce without direct sun?
Hi, everyone! I'm thinking of putting a raised Bed...
flowerridge
Ready for Harvest :o)
Here's what some of the plants look like in my greenhouse...
digit
getting ready!
So I decided to remodel my seed starting this year....
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
When should I begin pruning last year's perennials?
Hello, all. I'm wondering when is the best time to...
robin44444
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™