wannabe peppermaster

mikeysabSeptember 12, 2013

Hi all. Just wanted to drop in and say wassup. I'm pretty new to gardening and seem to have the most luck with peppers, so next year my pepper production will be expanding. Besides, with names like ghost, scorpion and reaper, who wouldn't wanna grow em. This year i grew a habanero and a cayenne that did pretty good. Looking for a place that sells seeds. If someone could link me or send me a pm with a reputable source, i'd appreciate that. I also wouldn't mind a donation of seeds if anyone wants to see thair seeds grown by another grower.

I look forward to learning as much as i can by next season from all you pepper gurus. Thanks for the wealth of information here.

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scgreenthumb1987(8)

Welcome and allow me to be the first to say your in the right place. These chili heads on here know their stuff and have helped me immensely. Personally I don't trust ant source anymore but these folk. I've been jipped several times from other places.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 6:59AM
mikeysab

Thanks sc. Been reading up a lot and trying to retain as much as i can. Definitely don't want bell pepper seeds thinking they're superhots.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 3:17PM
scgreenthumb1987(8)

Yw. I got "red bhut" seeds off eBay that I still can't figure out what these peppers are lol. Waiting for them to turn color so these guys can identify.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 3:49PM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

It's really to late in the year to start growing, so wait for Bonnie (the Seed Fairy) to start her seed swap, in like November. (There are a couple others too) Even if you don't have anything to trade, you will get a raft of goodies that you can start in January.

Peppers are a great "amateur" crop. Good luck!

Dennis

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 5:07PM
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

I am also looking for seeds source for the next year.
I have come across couple of internet stores : Park Seeds , Pepper Gal.. just to name a few.

The thing is that I just need a few seeds of each, not 25 or 30.
I wonder if there are sellers who sell small packets ?

Obviously, I am not in trading seeds since I have nothing to exchange.

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 12:25AM
ottawapepper

mikeysab and seysonn,

You don't have email links activated on your profiles. email me via mine, I can set you up with some interesting varieties for 2014.

Bill

p.s. Heather has also hosted and annual pepper and tomato seed swap in Nov/Dec for the past few years.

This post was edited by ottawapepper on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 8:09

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 6:07PM
mikeysab

Thanks so much ottowa. Lemme figure out how to do this now.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 6:28PM
More Discussions
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
New to H. Peppers and a few questions
Hi all I am going to try my hand at hot peppers this...
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
Northeast folks - when are you starting seeds?
Boston - planning on 3/1 (next Sunday!)
peps_22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™