Roses "T"

bethnorcal9March 1, 2014

We're getting closer to the end. But... just think... soon we'll be posting photos of this yr's blooms! Yippee!!

Here we go....

TROIKA

TYRIUS

TIGRESS

TIKI

TOM BROWN

TRADE WINDS

THE IMPOSTER

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE

THE NIGHTWATCH

THE TEMPTATIONS

TABOO

TANGERINE STREAMS

TANTARRA

TATTON

TAWNY TIGER

TARDE GRIS

THE THANKSGIVING ROSE

TWICE IN A BLUE MOON

TEA TIME

TIVOLI GARDENS

TERRACOTTA

TITANIC

TIFTON

TYPHOON

THE LADY

THE CHESHIRE REGIMENT

TEQUILA SUNRISE

TOP NOTCH

TOURNAMENT OF ROSES

TABLE MOUNTAIN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pat_bamaz7

Out of all your beautiful "Ts", I think I was most drawn to The Imposter and Tawny Tiger. I'm blaming you and Seil for my sudden affection for singles...lol.

I think I only have one "T":

Touch of Class (with a photo bomb by Rio Samba)

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:04AM
nanadollZ7 SWIdaho(Zone 7 Boise SW Idaho)

I think some of your odder roses appealed to me this time around, Beth, like the weird Tom Brown. Love that brown center. The murky and mysterious Taboo got me, too. Of course Tea Time is a Tantau favorite, but the less opened bloom made it seem like a different rose, instead of the stuffed Tea Time I'm used to seeing in photos. Thanks for posting these many interesting Ts.
Pat, Touch of Class is gorgeous, but I think the "bomb" is kind of cute. Some roses just can't stay out of pictures when a camera is around.
Diane

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:23AM

Here are my Ts. The first is The Prince. Diane

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:27AM

Next is Tamora. Diane

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:29AM

And finally, is Twilight Zone, showing some quartering. Diane

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:31AM
sara_ann-z6bok

Some nice T roses everyone. It's always fun to see all your unique roses, Beth. Several really caught my eye. Troika is lovely and The Imposter and Tawny Tiger are very unique, but I like them all. Pat - Lovely Touch of Class, it is a good rose. Diane, I really like The Prince and am very excited to see what my Twilight Zone will do, I love yours. I have three I am going to post.

TROPICANA

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 7:32AM
sara_ann-z6bok

TEQUILA

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 7:36AM
sara_ann-z6bok

And one of my all time favorites -

TIFFANY

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 7:44AM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Here come the "T"s. Fortunately for me, a lot of Austin's begin with "The."

The Wedgwood Rose--Austin climber, first year, not too floriferous yet.

The Pilgrim--Austin climber, first year, not too floriferous yet

Hopefully in the next year or two, both of these climbers will be showboats!

Kate

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 9:04AM
neptune44(6)

Tequila Sunrise evolution

Tequila

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 10:26AM
seil zone 6b MI

I like several of the "THE" roses best, Beth, The Imposter, The Temptations (I am a MOTOWN girl after all, lol). The Thanksgiving Rose, and The Cheshire Regiment are my favorites.

Pat, I'm jealous! I tried to grow Touch of Class twice and both times it didn't winter for me :(

Nana, you really caught the deep purple of Twilight Zone!

Ooo, Tropicana is HOT, Sara!

Your Austin's are both lovely, Kate!

Neptune, I love seeing bloom progression photos like yours!

I have four "T" roses

Tattooed Lady

Teddy Bear

Trump Card

Tuscan Sun

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:54PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Beth, what a perfect bloom on 'Tea Time' and great shade of orange.
Some neat shades of orange-pinks. Meilland sure used the name 'Tequila' a lot. Excellent pictures of it. Guess it would be the one HMF lists as being prior to 2003 ?? Good to see the group shot Neptune.
But 'The Lady' became my favorite when I looked her up on HMF. Gorgeous blend of yellow and pink. Is she a decent performer Beth?

Nice shot of 'Tiffany' Sara-Ann. I've never been able to get a good one of her. Yours is so pretty.
Pat's 'Touch of Class' is one elegant rose I'd love to find a place for. I didn't realize she was bred in France.
Seil ~ your 'Trump Card' is wonderful. I lost 'Solitude' (drats!) and so tempted to replace with this one.
The Austins. They are like chocolate covered macademias to me. Cannot resist one more. Thanks Nanadoll and Dublinbay.
Didn't mean to ramble on. So many beauties. Thanks everyone!

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 4:54PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

'Tournament of Roses' is my only T. Whenever I saw this rose in a mixed bouquet I always asked about it. When I saw it in a garden, I didn't see it. So I bought it only for bouquets as it combined so nicely and lasts. It's a vigorous healthy rose here. But not a garden presence if you know what I mean.

Tournament of Roses - Warriner'88, grandiflora

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 5:03PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Kate - the Pilgrim is a lovely rose. Neptune - Your Tequila is very nice. Seil - Thank you. Your Tuscan Sun is gorgeous. Irisgal - Thank you too. Your Tournament of Roses looks lovely and healthy. I used to have that one and it bloomed fairly well and I liked the blooms, but it was never vigorous.

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 6:25PM
aviastar 7A Virginia

I always seem to miss the beginning of these threads, but I have a T that hasn't been shown yet!

The Imposter really catches my eye, beth! And wow, iris, you're photo of Tournament is simply enchanting!

Here's Talisman:

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 11:30AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Avia, I love your 'Talisman'. How big does it get? And is it true the blooms blow in one day? Anything you can tell me about it is appreciated. TIA

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 4:28PM
bethnorcal9

Wow Aviastar, that TALISMAN is gorgeous! I've tried countless plants over the yrs, and finally have one that made it last yr. I can't wait to see it looking like that!

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 11:00PM
aviastar 7A Virginia

Thank you, iris and beth!

I can't speak to size quite yet, this guy was new to me last year. But he put on about 3-4 feet of growth in the first season. The blooms were large, ranging from 4-6 inches. I'm excited to see what he'll do in the next few years!

I have not noticed that the blooms were blowing particularly quickly. Certainly, I had them in a vase for several days, easily. Granted, our summer in VA last year was very cool and wet; this summer will be the test of bloom endurance.

I do feel, though, that is was a good test of blackspot resistance- we were wet all summer! Talisman had none; she gets a healthy breeze that I think helped.

I highly enjoyed Talisman's scent; I'm pretty new to roses so I'm not well versed in the subtle varieties of the scents, but it was very rosey and noticeable, not overwhelming to my nose.

My husband asked me to find padparascha colored roses; I think Talsiman was one of my closest finds. Really lovely blended orange and pink, and I was fascinated by the veining of color in the petals.

Here's a fully open bloom in a vase:

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 4:32PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Just as yummy. Love it.

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
Mini thank you
I've spent the last few days going through your 167...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
Rose "C"
On with the C's.... CABANA CACHET mini CAFE CAMILLE...
bethnorcal9
Roses "N"
On with the next letter.... NANA MOUSKOURI NANCY REAGAN NANTUCKET NATASHA...
bethnorcal9
Name that rose game!
I know we already have a whole thread dedicated to...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™