Just an idea....

andrew78(6)November 12, 2012

Hello everyone!

I was thinking today....How many of us have bought or received multiple cuttings or rooted plants of the same variety?

I have at least 4 or 5 varieties of plumeria that I have multiples of. Some, I purposely bought more of, but most of them I either held on to because they came from good friends here or I received them as bonus cuttings.

Now me myself, I am in a position where I need to be carefull of how many plumeria that I am keeping that I have multiples of. Like I said above, I wont get rid of some, but most of them I would like to sell off or trade. I sold a bunch of them earlier this year, and that really helped me alot....TO BUY MORE PLUMERIA...LOL!

I was thinking today though....wouldn't it be fun if we could trade with others here? I realize that not everyone would be wanting to trade any of there trees, but I thought maybe I could start a post here of people that would be interested. I also realize that this isn't the time of year for this so it wouldn't happen until spring.

Beverly if your reading this, please message me. I have your Psycho and I would like to get it out to you this week. Maybe even tomorrow?

Thanks guys and take care.

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jandey1(TX8)

Andrew, is it possible you mean "Barbra" and not "Beverly"?

I would definitely be interested in trading stuff. Watcha got?

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 8:02PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

andrew calls me beverly in his emails but i am not looking for any plants from him. however i would be interested in a spring trade myself. ps i had my sholder surgery last tues. i can only use one hand, stiches come out on fri, but i need 3 months of theraphy before i can use both hands. barbra

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 8:58PM
andrew78(6)

I must have my names confused. Sorry Barbra. I know there is someone that wanted a Psycho cutting I had....going to have to do some searching thru old emails.

I have multiples of JJ Orange, Psycho and a few others but I have to double check my plumeria.

Barbra, I know it wasn't you..I apologize for getting your name wrong. I hope you feel better.

Andrew

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 9:09PM
jandey1(TX8)

Barbra, I hope your shoulder gets better soon! Didn't know you were having surgery. I guess the timing is okay if your plants are in for the winter. Hope it's a mild one for you.

Andrew, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I have anything you don't already have, LOL!

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 11:32PM
printmaster1

Andrew,
Great idea. Count me in for a spring fling trade.

Barbra, hope you great well very soon.

Lonnie

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 9:04AM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

good idea andrew.

if I had any duplicates I would be interested.

mike

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 10:44AM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

I assumed that's what we do already... I would expect by 15 March to know what cuttings will be available for trade.

Barbra...Hope you recover well. Physical therapy and exercise are critical to a good recovery and strengthening helps prevent future injuries. Besides the stronger you are the bigger the plumerias you can grow. :)

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 12:50PM
georgecc

Very interested!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 2:03PM
georgecc

Andrew, weren't you looking for a Rainbow 36? Any luck?

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 2:53PM
georgecc

Lonnie, I think you were very interested in a Rainbow 36, too. If you and Andrew both still want one, I should be able to get 2 cuttings in the Spring.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:03PM
georgecc

Lonnie, I think you were very interested in a Rainbow 36, too. If you and Andrew both still want one, I should be able to get 2 cuttings in the Spring.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:14PM
georgecc

Sorry for the duplicate post!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:15PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Andrew.. Great idea!!

Count me in as well.. I have a few "wants" or some would say "desires.." for next spring. Really looking for just a few. Yea, right!

Gives us somethings to look forward to during these winter months..

Barbra..Hope you are feeling better. My mother is having surgery on her shoulder on Friday. They also say that it will take several months of rehab. This is a good time for you to heal, so keep doing what the DR says and i hope you are back to using both hands soon. We really take it for granted when we can use both.. when we are limited because of injuries, we forget how simple everyday funtioning can be. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Feel better Andrew..

Laura

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:24PM
moonie_57

Andrew - sorry, it was me that you were going to send the Psycho to. I have been lost in action lately. Hopefully I can be back to posting soon. :)

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:56PM
beachplant(9b)

Excellent idea!
Barb, hope you are better soon.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 10:08PM
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

jen, my plants are not inside yet. i have been checking the weather and nothing lower than 51 degree so far. i will wait until we get colder weather before I move my plants into the carport. last year we never did get a freeze. i actually think we are going to have a mild winter, we hardly got any acorns on the ground this year. the year we had the hard freeze, i could not even walk barefoot, there were so many acorns. barbra

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:21AM
elucas101(8)

Great idea! I'm a ways off from my plants being big enough to be able to trade, but when I do I would love to!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™