PatioHit Roses

ciararaineMay 14, 2009

I received a lovely plant for Mother's Day. I am puzzled as to keeping it inside, carrying it outside, or planting it outside. It gets quite hot and sunny here, then there is hurricane season. How much sunlight is too much? How much rain is too much? My last tomato plants burned up in the sun; I planted them in a raised bed near a tree. Indoors does get plenty of sun, as I have 26 windows in the old trailer, lol.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phil_schorr(z6St.Louis)

You should plant it outside. Roses are sun-loving plants and really need to be outside. You can plant it in a large container outside if you will be sure to water it every day. Most rose growers plant them in the ground. Don't plant it too close to a tree or the tree roots will compete for the fertilizer and water and the tree will win. If you make sure you have good drainage, you don't have to worry about it getting too much water. Roses like plenty of moisture, but don't like to stand in it. Give it a go. The PatioHit roses are, for the most part, tough little roses that should do well for you.

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
How to save a potted gift rose
Although I do not profess to being any type of expert...
fleursuzie
Kroger has Mini-Floras
I had heard from some Society Members that Kroger had...
Buford_NE_GA_7A
Size of pot
I asked this on the main Rose forum but thought I'd...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Chamblee's
I just received my first shipment of roses ever from...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Is this fungus?!
I was pruning my mini roses and ran into this at the...
Nattie_Natt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™